Joe Cole

TrentVilla

If he can chip in with 5 goals, 5 assists and players like Grealish can learn from him I would say its a good move.

He was one of the most naturally gifted players so passing on anything to the youngsters will be a great experience to them.

5 goals and 5 assists? Talk about raising the expectations. He's more likely to chip in with 5 sub appearances and 5 hamstring injuries. It's like when people were saying Holt would be good if he could manage 4 or 5 goals lol

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 2

Another poor signing who again is the type of player that teams who go down sign. Over rated throughout his career and he has pretty much done nothing in the last 3/4 years. Also his injury record is a huge worry. It seems obvious that there's no money to spend and that the remit is: get some experienced players on bosman's or loans and hope to whichever God you want that it's enough to keep us up. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

if we only use him as an impact sub for the last 30 at home he could make a difference.how many times last season were we crying out for someone like him.

Yep thats how I would use him - we stuggled to break teams down, and don't have anyone remotely close who can do it. Despite all his injuries and lack of form - He's going be the best hope we have of winning a tight home game, as the current squad stands...

Good signing and better than what we've got. I think villa fans moan for the sake of moaning. No one is ever good enough for our club. Look at the bigger picture we don't have the money at the moment as our owner wants to sell. He will cost us nothing only wages and he brings experience which we lack and quality which we lack.

• Like 2

Another poor signing who again is the type of player that teams who go down sign. Over rated throughout his career and he has pretty much done nothing in the last 3/4 years. Also his injury record is a huge worry. It seems obvious that there's no money to spend and that the remit is: get some experienced players on bosman's or loans and hope to whichever God you want that it's enough to keep us up. 

never heard anythings so negative

who is more likely to change a game cole or sylla and tonev. give the guy a chance we all know he can bee decent if he stays fit

• Like 1

If he can chip in with 5 goals, 5 assists and players like Grealish can learn from him I would say its a good move.

He was one of the most naturally gifted players so passing on anything to the youngsters will be a great experience to them.

5 goals and 5 assists? Talk about raising the expectations. He's more likely to chip in with 5 sub appearances and 5 hamstring injuries. It's like when people were saying Holt would be good if he could manage 4 or 5 goals lol

5 goals and 5 assist isn't outside the realms of possibility. The main point was the young players learning from him as well.

He was a quality player, probably the most naturally gifted of his generation tbf.

I wouldn't want him now, but depending on his wages he could be a decent option to have around the squad.

Yeah, 4 years too late with this signing. He is well past it now unfortunately. Reminds me of when we braught Pires in, great players in their day but we can only lure that sort of player when theyre in the very final moments of their career. But hey, beggars cant be choosers n all that..

If we signed him 4 years ago, we would have had to have matched his £100k Liverpool gave him so not sure why people keep saying this.

Wonder if we're signing a back-up medical team as well because our current one is gonna have their hands full this season.

I obviously wan't him to stay fit and be back to the form he had 5-10 years ago. But odds are once you reach that age and start to get recurring injuries, there's no way back

As stated earlier he was actually pretty good at Lille, watched him more than a few times. He did thou fade pretty badly after 50-60 minutes in the games he started and was never very good for more than a half.

Was sure he'd be off to the MLS

Think Cole could be a good signing especially as he sounds hungry for the challenge. he could be that player that we have lacked at home. Probably better option than Hoolahan if can stay fit and think a player Grealish could learn from.

this could be similar to Robbie Keane deal

• Like 1

agree sne, both his injuries and fitness will be a problem imo. an impact sub is probably the best way to use him if he can keep him self in shape. Hopefully the contract isnt longer than a year. wouldnt be surprised if its 2, knowing villa it will be 5

Yeah, 4 years too late with this signing. He is well past it now unfortunately. Reminds me of when we braught Pires in, great players in their day but we can only lure that sort of player when theyre in the very final moments of their career. But hey, beggars cant be choosers n all that..

If we signed him 4 years ago, we would have had to have matched his £100k Liverpool gave him so not sure why people keep saying this.

When i say 4 years too late, im refering to the ability of the player not the wage demands.

Â