Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Don't understand this one. He came to us and was ridiculed by most fans before putting on the shirt. Then he instantly performs and helps gives us the best start to the 14/15 season we could possibly imagine. Gets loads of praise, gets injured and then labeled as no good and made redundant!

Personally I think we need another 2 experienced/quality CB's and I don't expect us to get both. So why are we not using this fella?

Please sherwood, with all your efforts in building an exciting midfield and attacking force please don't let it go to waste by neglecting our defence. Either sign two useful CB's or use the ones we have!

Edited by AdamDouggie
  • Like 2

Ok So this is what I heard re Senderos, it's second hand but if the source is correct it's straight from the dressing room. Basically Senderos has been deemed fit by the physics since half way through last year but has been ruling himself out saying he's still not right to return. It's apparently pissing a lot of people off, anyway if true you could see why Sherwood would be less than impressed. But take it with a big pinch of salt.

All I know is he made the bench in the Everton home game and hasn't made the 18 since and barely played in the friendlies so like Cissokho he's just not part of Sherwood's plans.

Can't see anyone paying money for him so think he'll leave on loan to a european club.

Ok So this is what I heard re Senderos, it's second hand but if the source is correct it's straight from the dressing room. Basically Senderos has been deemed fit by the physics since half way through last year but has been ruling himself out saying he's still not right to return. It's apparently pissing a lot of people off, anyway if true you could see why Sherwood would be less than impressed. But take it with a big pinch of salt.

If true that would surely put him in the Tim Sherwood "loser" bracket 

If true that would surely put him in the Tim Sherwood "loser" bracket

A fairly sizeable 'if' though.

The only thing Senderos was guilty of last season was being injured. When he played he was rock solid and passionate, and he surprised a lot of people.

I think he would be good to have around this season as an experienced head, it would be a shame to see him go.

Those first 3 games last season, Senderos and Vlaar were pretty amazing. Surprised everyone.

the term Senderboss was being thrown around I remember! He was solid when he played, can't comment on him taking himself out of contention, but if that's a load then I'd keep him around for options

Definitely proved there's more to him than most gave him credit for - me definately included. That Philippe Senderos walked in and looked so good probably says more about our defence than it does about Senderos though. If the time out has sorted the problem then I have no problem with him seeing out the year on his contract being 3rd/4th/5th choice CB, especially if we loan out Baker then we have a ready made squad replacement in my eyes. He is the most experienced CB we have. Thing is with no new CB news, Richards not impressing pre season and Okore being injured the answer in the squad (if fit) is Senderos. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we shipped him out though.

I loved his performance against Liverpool at Anfield.  

He got stuck into Balotelli in the first half which resulted in him sulking on the wing.  Could have been sent off if the ref noticed, but it was something we lacked at the back, a bit of nastiness at CB.

He's experienced and a good player to have in the squad in an area we are lacking in experience.

Edited by cudoz

I really hope that is not the case as he could do a job for us. Having said that with Baker signing a new contract and his absence from the pre season suggest to me he is on his way out.

Unless of course Baker is going to be loaned out and Tim is confident in Senderos such that he does not need to try him out as lets face it it there was a strong element of experimentation in the friendly line ups. All unlikely I know but just about possible.

Â