Philippe Senderos

samjp26

You have to laugh at some of the moaning on here!

Decent signing IMO. No world beater by any means, but good cover for Vlaar/Okore.

Experience of playing for and against top quality sides. He isn't the car crash some are painting him out to be either.

Not my first choice, but then I doubt he was Lambert's either. Maybe he did try for Hangeland or Lescott? I imagine he probably enquired about both, but with our budget, this is probably about the best we could get.

We've got an abundance of squad fillers that aren't good enough, we don't need to sign another one.

How is he not good enough?

Is he better than Clark and/or Baker? Loads of prem experience, regular for his country and free. What's not to like?

Everyone needs a reality check. Club for sale and Lambert has about 50p and a bag of crisps for a budget.

Unless Lerner pulls some miracle u-turn or a gazillionaire is about to ride into town, any player we sign is going to be either unproven, unemployed or unhinged so its unlikely any of them will be anybody's first, second or third choice.

Cheap, solid and improves the squad - expect more of the same.

Better than Baker yes but not Clark in my opinion. I'd much rather call upon Donacien as 4th choice than sign another journeyman.

I have a problem with it, he's been a joke defender for about a decade in the PL.

Experienced or not, we need quality, not quantity. No doubt I'm a shit fan for saying this though

no everyone is entitled to an opinion.

with not much money to spend this is at least another option at CB - yeah i would have preferred Lescot or similar calibre - but until our rich benefactor arrives those are out of range. I don't think this is bad for a nominal outlay

Stop being dramatic people.

A CB group of Vlaar, Okore, Senderos and The Chuckle Brothers isn't too bad.

If we were to get in a strong CB, eg. Lescott, it would be a really strong group.

If we were to get in a strong CB, eg. Lescott, it would be a really strong group.

There's no chance of us signing another centre back as well as senderos, certainly not someone as good as lescott

There's no chance of us signing another centre back as well as senderos, certainly not someone as good as lescott

We'll see. The summer is still young...

We are talking as though he has been signed(unless I missed it).

Why is everyone so certain he is to be signed?

Unless he fails his medical it's a done deal.

There's still hope then

• Like 1

You have to laugh at some of the moaning on here!

Decent signing IMO. No world beater by any means, but good cover for Vlaar/Okore.

Experience of playing for and against top quality sides. He isn't the car crash some are painting him out to be either.

Not my first choice, but then I doubt he was Lambert's either. Maybe he did try for Hangeland or Lescott? I imagine he probably enquired about both, but with our budget, this is probably about the best we could get.

We've got an abundance of squad fillers that aren't good enough, we don't need to sign another one.

How is he not good enough?

Is he better than Clark and/or Baker? Loads of prem experience, regular for his country and free. What's not to like?

Everyone needs a reality check. Club for sale and Lambert has about 50p and a bag of crisps for a budget.

Unless Lerner pulls some miracle u-turn or a gazillionaire is about to ride into town, any player we sign is going to be either unproven, unemployed or unhinged so its unlikely any of them will be anybody's first, second or third choice.

Cheap, solid and improves the squad - expect more of the same.

Better than Baker yes but not Clark in my opinion. I'd much rather call upon Donacien as 4th choice than sign another journeyman.

Is this Donacien actually any good? So far our belief in our youth set up has been a failure. Baker, Clark, Albrighton, Bannan, Fonse they have just not been good enough. There was a reason O'Neill didn't play most of them and that is because they are mediocre players no matter how much we want to believe that we can unearth a class of 92 at Bodymoor. I am not saying Senderos would be much better though.

Â