Philippe Senderos

samjp26

You have to laugh at some of the moaning on here!

Decent signing IMO. No world beater by any means, but good cover for Vlaar/Okore.

Experience of playing for and against top quality sides. He isn't the car crash some are painting him out to be either.

Not my first choice, but then I doubt he was Lambert's either. Maybe he did try for Hangeland or Lescott? I imagine he probably enquired about both, but with our budget, this is probably about the best we could get.

• Like 3

May as well have promoted Donacien or signed another cheap youngster. At least they *might* prove to be good enough at this level. Whereas Senderos quite simply isn't and given that he is 29 now, never will be.

• Like 4

Decent signing IMO. No world beater by any means, but good cover for Vlaar/Okore.

Experience of playing for and against top quality sides. He isn't the car crash some are painting him out to be either.

Not my first choice, but then I doubt he was Lambert's either. Maybe he did try for Hangeland or Lescott? I imagine he probably enquired about both, but with our budget, this is probably about the best we could get.

We've got an abundance of squad fillers that aren't good enough, we don't need to sign another one.

May as well have promoted Donacien or signed another cheap youngster. At least they *might* prove to be good enough at this level. Whereas Senderos quite simply isn't and given that he is 29 now, never will be.

Well we asked for "experience." 

Well we asked for "experience."

Who's we? I have always said that experience doesn't equate to quality.

• Like 1

We've got an abundance of squad fillers that aren't good enough, we don't need to sign another one.

How is he not good enough?

Is he better than Clark and/or Baker? Loads of prem experience, regular for his country and free. What's not to like?

Everyone needs a reality check. Club for sale and Lambert has about 50p and a bag of crisps for a budget.

Unless Lerner pulls some miracle u-turn or a gazillionaire is about to ride into town, any player we sign is going to be either unproven, unemployed or unhinged so its unlikely any of them will be anybody's first, second or third choice.

Cheap, solid and improves the squad - expect more of the same.

It certainly beats paying for an experienced CB. Defenders are rarely executing signings but this one makes sense to me. Given how awful Baker was last season and how we HAD to rely only him because we had no one else. Not a bad option and maybe he will be good, who knows.

If he signs tomorrow we are not going to be taken over anytime soon that's for sure :( I guess if that is the case and we have little or NO money to spend it makes sense to cash in on Baker or Clark and replace with Senderos who is at best he going to be 4th choice and use funds generated to spend elsewhere.

Â