Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Watch him have a cracking World Cup and sign for Leicester

sure Gary Breen had a great World Cup when he was on a Bosman and turned down Parma and Inter for West Ham. Don't let tournaments convince you :P

Would you rather have Helenius and Bowery as back-up, or Bendtner?

I'd rather not sign players who aren't going to be first choice, and based on the fact that he struggled all season to get into the worst defence in the PL I have my doubts about his viability in the first team. 

We have 2 back-up centre backs. They're not world beaters, but Baker is what, 6 years younger than Senderos? He's got a lot more chance to improve. Plus we have Donacien. I know Lambert seems to dislike playing youngsters, but maybe he'll get a go at some point. There are other, more pressing crises, and our funds seem severely limited. 

A 29-year old Fulham reject with a history of wrecks in the rear-view mirror is not my idea of a priority signing, sorry. 

So does this mean we have another Villa player at the World Cup?

Only back up with Vlarr and Okore being injured if pick up anything. Experience tho and anyone better then Clarke & Baker

For crying out loud it's Clark. :rant:

Edited by Mantis

Only back up with Vlarr and Okore being injured if pick up anything. Experience tho and anyone better then Clarke & Baker

Trouble is Vlaar will miss games during the season, pretty much guaranteed!

Trouble is Vlaar will miss games during the season, pretty much guaranteed!

December usually.

I agree with Trents argument that you're not a terrible player when you have played a lot of games for Arsenal and have AC Milan and Valencia on your CV plus 50+ caps at international level. I'll be giving him a chance, he can't be much worse than what Baker served up last season!

• Like 4

Contract length?

I'd hope for 1 year, but why would he only sign a 1 year deal? Pretty sure they'd be more offers out there. My guess is a longer contract, 3 years maybe, on less wages than what he'd be asking for at Fulham.

Contract length?

I'd hope for 1 year, but why would he only sign a 1 year deal? Pretty sure they'd be more offers out there. My guess is a longer contract, 3 years maybe, on less wages than what he'd be asking for at Fulham.

He signed a 6 month deal at Valencia.

Philippe Sendhimoff

Can't wait

I prefer Philari Senderossa.

It's funny because he's not really all that fast, you see.  Oh how we laughed!

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 3

Philippe Sendhimoff

Can't wait

I prefer Philari Senderossa.

It's funny because he's not really all that fast, you see.  Oh how we laughed!

That's the end of Joleon boyhood dreams then?

• Like 1

Â