New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Best part is we'll be paying that design company hundreds of thousands of pounds to deliver something inferior to what some random dude on twitter threw together in 15 minutes.

Were they given immediate negative feedback, I wonder?

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Calling @NurembergVillanwere you present for the latest FCG? 

We were notified at short notice so I was unable to attend for personal reasons.

I offered my help separately - online or in-person - but thus far I've not been taken up on that.

@OutByEaster? reprised his role as VT's delegate and, from what he's told me and what I've read elsewhere, it doesn't sound like I missed much.

What frustrated with the last major crest update was that we were given the opportunity to express our views but then a terrible crest was handed down from above and we just had to get on with it.

15 years on and again we have had the big survey.  If they have any sense they will show us the "final" version and take on board the reaction before making it really final.

16 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

What frustrated with the last major crest update was that we were given the opportunity to express our views but then a terrible crest was handed down from above and we just had to get on with it.

15 years on and again we have had the big survey.  If they have any sense they will show us the "final" version and take on board the reaction before making it really final.

Why don’t they do that???

I’m pretty convinced we will end up with garbage. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me, I like a lion that stands alone without a shield or surround, I can take or leave the star and I'd like the words "Aston Villa" in a traditional, grown up typeface

This is exactly what I’d like. Are the club even contemplating anything like that, without a shield/round badge at all? What was the best design they showed?

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This is exactly what I’d like. Are the club even contemplating anything like that, without a shield/round badge at all? What was the best design they showed?

The club asked us not to go into too much detail on the designs, but there were certainly options without a badge/shield.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club asked us not to go into too much detail on the designs, but there were certainly options without a badge/shield.

While I understand the need for secrecy on many matters, wouldn’t it be beneficial to seek more broader view from fans about something so significant as the badge.  I mean fans never agree about many things but if what I’m hearing about the options being presented being universally underwhelming by all villa fan group representatives then it’s an issue.  Yes the representatives do an exceptional job but somehow more consultation from a wider group of fans on any designs put forward should be done.  I don’t know how but something that will last at least for decades needs careful consideration.

It's not by any means a finished process, the club have seen four or five different groups of fans twice now on this process. I think they're looking at trying to make sure they're getting this one right in all fairness. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not by any means a finished process, the club have seen four or five different groups of fans twice now on this process. I think they're looking at trying to make sure they're getting this one right in all fairness. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. 

Have they given a timescale for the new badge?

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Have they given a timescale for the new badge?

I think deadlines will be lead by the desire to have it on next season's kit. I'm not sure if that means they'll show it to us immediately, but I think that will need to be in the next couple of months.

How hard can it be ? A lion motif with 'Aston Villa' incorporated in the crest.

I've got a bad feeling this is all going to go the way of our local public transport providers who tossed off about a million quid to some PR geniuses to change the name from 'West Midlands Travel' to 'Travel West Midlands'......

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Didn't Steve Jobs say that if you asked users what they want in a mobile phone you would not have come-up with the iPhone. Feel too much consultation can backfire.

That's exactly how we ended up with the last shite 😂

I'd rather they take all thoughts on board and come up with what is ultimately best for the club in the long and short term from a design perspective.

We are never all going to like it anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Didn't Steve Jobs say that if you asked users what they want in a mobile phone you would not have come-up with the iPhone. Feel too much consultation can backfire.

Brexit. It's understandable and correct to ask fans, but, get a top class graphic designer in, give them what they want, and stand by the result. Like the old / new COOP logo for example or the London 2012 Olympic design. Or, after surely too much consultation and attempting to please everyone, the likes of the new Leeds crest abomination comes about.

• Like 1

Before anyone even thinks about getting excited, just remember that a lot of logo/crest re-designs are all about losing detail to enhance scalability to small screens.

So don't be surprised if we get something as minimal as the one we've got.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Before anyone even thinks about getting excited, just remember that a lot of logos/crests re-designs are all about losing detail to enhance scalability to small screens.

So don't be surprised if we get something as minimal as the one we've got.

Yup, pretty certain that's what we'll do.