New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Someone mentioned not being married to claret & blue. How about the lion - is that sacrosanct? Admittedly, I am not a local supporter so I don't have a good feel of how pervasive the lions moniker is, but at least internationally and in the media, it certainly does not seem intertwined with the club as for example the Eagle is with Crystal Palace.  Could we maybe go for a logo that highlights AV or Villa?

The lion rampant has been our symbol from the 19th century. It's a reference to the Scottish heritage of the club with McGregor and George Ramsay. The association of the eagle with Palace only comes from the 70s (and I think they only picked it because it was cool).

The lion rampant, the colours and the name are non-negotiable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the heraldic lion rampant is the one thing I wouldn't change.

Yeah, I agree, it’s been present for a hundred years or so… I think maybe work around it, change it a bit, but keep it a lion 🦁 rampant 

• Thanks 1

On 26/08/2022 at 16:38, Teale's 'tache said:

Found a little more time to make some more adjustments to this concept.

After reading the @NurembergVillan post I decided to remove the star, I've also flattened the diamond out a little and changed the font-face.

I've also just knocked up a few graphics to better present the idea, which I've thrown up on Behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/147539317/Aston-Villa-Crest-Redesign-Concept for the people who like that sort of thing. I'll post the images below for those who don't.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Think I'm going to leave at that, should probably get some work done at some point... but because I love you all, here's a few more bits I did playing around.

spacer.png

I absolutely love the diamond idea of this. I got Borussia Mochengladbach vibes - but ours would be much better following your idea. The style would be much more unique and easily synonymous with Villa. 

Gladbach crest for reference - 

EE65-A0-EA-DE17-4-E53-BAF5-D84427-EA9893

Very bland and just a ‘B’, whereas your design screams Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, delboy54 said:

For me all this talk of redesigning the club crest has the feeling of rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic at the moment

Perhaps we could find a way of incorporating the EFL logo into it somewhere.

• Haha 1

Joking aside, I’ve been posting in here as it’s an area that is positive, forward thinking, looking to innovate the club, in line with the academy, the new inner city facilities and the stadium redesign. The 1st team stuff is just depressing at the moment and a million miles away from everything else the club is trying to do and do well. It would be nice if the on the pitch stuff got with the programme

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 16:16, Stephen_Evans said:

A little ironic that the review of old badges on the survey included an incorrect version of the 1970s/1980s badge.  "ASTON VILLA" does not stretch far enough round the outer circle and the diameters of the inner and outer circles are out of proportion.  You often see the 1990s clip art lion on versions of the round badge too.

Some people at the club do seem to struggle with details when it comes to historic badges.  For example, the programme editor chose a fan version of the round badge with a star for the Third Division championship series (never mind that the round badge didn't exist until well after that season and the reason for the star came ten years later!) And this season we have the 1999-2007 striped shield for a series on the 1992-1993 Premier League.  Is it really that difficult?

I am wondering if the programme editor reads this thread.  The 1992-1999 badge was featured for the West Ham programme's Villa Vault.

On 26/08/2022 at 16:38, Teale's 'tache said:

Found a little more time to make some more adjustments to this concept.

After reading the @NurembergVillan post I decided to remove the star, I've also flattened the diamond out a little and changed the font-face.

I've also just knocked up a few graphics to better present the idea, which I've thrown up on Behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/147539317/Aston-Villa-Crest-Redesign-Concept for the people who like that sort of thing. I'll post the images below for those who don't.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Think I'm going to leave at that, should probably get some work done at some point... but because I love you all, here's a few more bits I did playing around.

spacer.png

I really like this. Not sure I'm in love with the colour of the lion, but other than that it's really nice

• 2 weeks later...