New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we’ll end up with a lion face with split colours like the Lille logo personally but I would like something simple like this (obviously in our colours)

828ABFA2-524A-4328-B913-7330C69C751D.jpeg

Edited by burchy

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

This is the one. Face on, staring our opponents in the eyes. You know what it is.  

… there you go designer people put a version of this onto a badge with ‘Aston Villa’ written on it. 

No more side profile! 

Edited by Tayls

Face on this is the only lion I’d want. It’s regal, intimidating yet intelligent. Not exactly the characteristics we embody at present I grant you lol 😂 

Obviously the shield and AV logo can be changed. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I still like it though, has an Italian and modern feel to it. 

spacer.png

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Think a lot of these lions are too similar to the Premier League logo they redid not too long ago. I’m not sure we’d go down that road for that reason.

A lion with the words ‘Aston Villa’ shaped as the mane might be kinda cool, but if they did a cool and original design with the ‘AV’ aspect, I’m not sure I’d miss the lion too much if I’m honest. 

5 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Think a lot of these lions are too similar to the Premier League logo they redid not too long ago. I’m not sure we’d go down that road for that reason.

A lion with the words ‘Aston Villa’ shaped as the mane might be kinda cool, but if they did a cool and original design with the ‘AV’ aspect, I’m not sure I’d miss the lion too much if I’m honest. 

I think it does have to be face on now, the sideways profile thing is done, especially for newly updated badges. It’s difficult to work with properly when you want to come up with something new and fresh, which also delivers the right message to fans as well as our opponents.

If we aren’t going to go face on then I to would be up for a complete removal of the lion - however I doubt there is much of an appetite to remove it - the people that are responsible for producing a new badge will be under so much pressure to get it right. 

Imagine being responsible for removing something that has been an ever present for over 100 years and messing it up… 

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Face on this is the only lion I’d want. It’s regal, intimidating yet intelligent. Not exactly the characteristics we embody at present I grant you lol 😂 

Obviously the shield and AV logo can be changed. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I still like it though, has an Italian and modern feel to it. 

spacer.png

These look brill. I think we need the full name here, some how. Removes all doubt! 

Edited by Tayls

Someone mentioned not being married to claret & blue. How about the lion - is that sacrosanct? Admittedly, I am not a local supporter so I don't have a good feel of how pervasive the lions moniker is, but at least internationally and in the media, it certainly does not seem intertwined with the club as for example the Eagle is with Crystal Palace.  Could we maybe go for a logo that highlights AV or Villa?

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Or like this, perhaps? But with our colours.

Head Of Lion Logo | Lion logo, Lion artwork, Art logo

d5d05e690969c25a794ed47f53e1d298.jpg

This contains an image of: Lion Logo Template

This contains an image of:

This contains an image of: Creative Logo Designs: Photo

Lion head would separate us from the rampant lion crowd. It'd be radical, but if the design is right it it could be cool.