$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I wish our football was as entertaining as this thread.

We would have won the league and scored 200 goals

This is Villa.  We'd have scored 200 goals and finished 12th...

With -17 goal difference
  • Like 3

I love Villatalk sometimes, come home from work after a nasty shift full of doom and gloom, then catch up with this thread and I'm highly amused and smiling again!

• Like 1

Interestingly according to a Keith Harris article back in November 2008, Lerner was already planning to sell the club within this time periodWorryingly Harris has been involved in some dodgy deals.  :(

Lerner, whose sensitive and shrewd stewardship of Aston Villa is the deal of which Harris is most proud, plans to own Villa for just that, seven to 10 years. (2008 Nov)

Click

I wish our football was as entertaining as this thread.

We would have won the league and scored 200 goals

This is Villa.  We'd have scored 200 goals and finished 12th...

With -17 goal difference

You are so right.

Honestly don't know how people can so quickly come to the conclusion that we're "done for".

This is VillaTalk remember. Hyperbole rules

You know the old cliche about whether the glass is half full or half empty, more often than not the debate on VT is about whether there is actually a glass.

.......and then there are other days when the glass is overflowing.

Edited by Harry

Sid was very down beat about the future at tonight's event at the town. He pretty much said there doesn't seem to be much in the offering and he doesn't think we can keep avoiding relegation. He confirmed that last year PL's budget was 10 million. It seemed to me he was suggesting definately expect less than that till the take over

• Like 1

That BBC interview is very similar to the Tom Ross interview on Free Radio. Almost too similar. And Lambert's comments are almost exactly the same. Smacks to me like the club have given the journos the questions to ask Paul, so that he knows what he has to say. Although that bit around the 3 minute mark on the BBC interview is interesting, definitely a slip of the tongue and he immediately panics.

The fact that Lerner (supposedly) has asked for Bent etc to be re integrated into the squad suggests to me that a sale isn't close, if it was why would he care about them being in the squad or not.

Because they are assets (Financially) and belong to the club. Maybe?

I think it's more likely a new owner would want to see everything he's buying, Hutton and all. Perhaps we no longer need to look for loans for these players because "new people" will pay their wages. Makes sense to have every villa player back really.

Doesn't mean Hutton will grace vp again.

Honestly don't know how people can so quickly come to the conclusion that we're "done for".

I like to think of myself as an optimist but I think it is the logical conclusion.

All evidence indicates we are now up for sale with no offers. Until we are sold (months,seasons,years) Lerner is going to cut back spending even further.

This squad barely escaped relegation this season. Assuming we are shopping even cheaper than last season then it is going to be in for yet another run in.

I think "done for" is about right to be honest.

I'm with the doomers on this and think that a sale won't happen before the season starts and then we'll be in the shite. As every football fan knows, potential takeovers affect player performances and if this lot get any worse the inevitable will happen and we will go down.

I think the vast majority wanted Lerner out but the way this is going I personally wish he was interested in us again, even if not to the extent that he was when giving O'Neill stupid amounts for the likes of Reo-Coker.

Interestingly according to a Keith Harris article back in November 2008, Lerner was already planning to sell the club within this time period. Worryingly Harris has been involved in some dodgy deals. :(

Lerner, whose sensitive and shrewd stewardship of Aston Villa is the deal of which Harris is most proud, plans to own Villa for just that, seven to 10 years. (2008 Nov)

Click

I met Lerner after that magical Ajax Europa League evening. Everything was on the up and so rosy then and he told me he would keep hold of Villa for at least 10 years.

Considering how shit everything has got it is of no surprise he is selling a little sooner.