$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I've cut out all the shit, people can have a listen back.

https://soundcloud.com/danielavfc/paul/s-RSrJ3

He definitely says "but now people understand the situation"

He could of course have been starting to talk about something and changed his mind.

"Now people understand the situation. We saw people getting exasperated with lack of investment, wanting more but not hearing anything. Well now they know what's going on. The club is for sale."

The fact that Lerner (supposedly) has asked for Bent etc to be re integrated into the squad suggests to me that a sale isn't close, if it was why would he care about them being in the squad or not.

Where does this come from? I'd be very surprised if that was the case, the damage to his value is already done in Bent's case. He was given a great chance as captain to be a senior figure and a leader. He didn't take that chance and the rest is history. How many did he get for Fulham?

I've cut out all the shit, people can have a listen back.

https://soundcloud.com/danielavfc/paul/s-RSrJ3

He definitely says "but now people understand the situation"

He could of course have been starting to talk about something and changed his mind.

"Now people understand the situation. We saw people getting exasperated with lack of investment, wanting more but not hearing anything. Well now they know what's going on. The club is for sale."

Definitely "But now...", Anyone hearing "The" and "new" in there need to watch trainspotting or rab c nesbitt or something....

The question for me is why would Villa release a story to the press saying Bent or Hutton are back in. But back in Feb Lambert was talking about Bent never playing for Villa again.

For me, Lerner has told Lambert while he is at the club there is no money and that's plain to see. Lambert is planning to make the best of the situation we are in. He is being backed by a chairman who doesn't want to buy players, renew contracts to senior players or put more money into the club. He wants out plain and simple.

I look at this story and think have Villa released this to scare people and throw them off the whole takeover talk?

Frankly, Lambert has been dealt a crappy deal by Lerner and respect to him for carrying on. But, it is a man who said Lerner comes to games in disguise and Bent would never play for Villa again. A big pinch of salt is required gang.

Looks at these 2 articles and let me know what you think:
Edited by mini_beest

The fact that Lerner (supposedly) has asked for Bent etc to be re integrated into the squad suggests to me that a sale isn't close, if it was why would he care about them being in the squad or not.

Where does this come from? I'd be very surprised if that was the case, the damage to his value is already done in Bent's case. He was given a great chance as captain to be a senior figure and a leader. He didn't take that chance and the rest is history. How many did he get for Fulham?

Its all over this mornings press mate - you can hardly miss it

Its all over this mornings press mate - you can hardly miss it

I live in Italy mate. You know, the big boot shaped thing in the Mediterranean...

Found a link in the Lambert thread now. Definitely points to him knowing he won't be able to buy much, I doubt Bent will get a game if any of Benteke, Kozak and Weimann are fit. Unless he comes back from Fulham a changed man...

Hutton, well he might play depending how pissed off Lambert is with Lowton, woudl free BAcuna to player higher up the park. Who's left? Given? Maybe the bench if he's not still a coach!

If we get taken over after the window closes i think were done for

Throwing money at it in January won't work if were too far behind

Look at the sides who have done it recently they all went down

I live in Italy mate. You know, the big boot shaped thing in the Mediterranean...

Found a link in the Lambert thread now. Definitely points to him knowing he won't be able to buy much, I doubt Bent will get a game if any of Benteke, Kozak and Weimann are fit. Unless he comes back from Fulham a changed man...

Hutton, well he might play depending how pissed off Lambert is with Lowton, woudl free BAcuna to player higher up the park. Who's left? Given? Maybe the bench if he's not still a coach!

Then we will be relegated if we have to resort to that.

I'm still confident that we'll have a takeover before he season starts. If we do have any interested parties, they might be thinking they can take their time a little bit. Other than 'getting it done', there's no immediate rush for a sale to go through in the next few weeks. The players are on holiday, the club will still tick along and the world cup is next. If we don't have new owners shortly after the world cup, then I might question whether we're going to be waiting longer.

• Like 2

So more news stories put out there from Aston villa that make a takeover seem miles away from happening. Worrying times.

For gods sake, if you actually believed the club rather than someone random on the internet this would be quite obvious.

We’ve been for sale for a few weeks, thats all.

Lambert staying, no money for transfers and banished players being welcomed back does not all point to a takeover being close.

Yet someone will say they saw Bill Gates wearing a claret and blue tie and that means the takeover is close, doesn't happen clubs fault... right.

• Like 1

So more news stories put out there from Aston villa that make a takeover seem miles away from happening. Worrying times.

For gods sake, if you actually believed the club rather than someone random on the internet this would be quite obvious.

We’ve been for sale for a few weeks, thats all.

Lambert staying, no money for transfers and banished players being welcomed back does not all point to a takeover being close.

Yet someone will say they saw Bill Gates wearing a claret and blue tie and that means the takeover is close, doesn't happen clubs fault... right.

I don't really think it matters whose fault it is.

Back to that interview.

Pat Murphy asked "Can i just get this right then. As you understand from Randy Lerner, there's nothing imminent, there's no concrete bidder?"  

Could this be a clue to potential bidders from Pat?

If so, step forward the Comer Brothers who made their money from construction and were linked with buying the club back in 2005....I'll get my concrete overcoat... :D  

Doubt even the most sadistic Birmingham City fan could have dreamed up a more nightmarish scenario for us than the one we find us in now thanks to Lerner & Lambert.

Proud history, bright future...

• Like 1