$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Twitter stuff....

"@PadsinPrimary: Oracle are developing a new app apparently aimed at Aston Villa Football Club. Interesting #avfc #ipad #oracle #appdevelopment"

Could just be AVFC upgrading their app, nothing it it but thought I'd share.

It does seem he slipped up a bit there. I am encouraged by this too. If there are potential new owners why does he have to say anything? Why can't they keep quiet until it's all done?

Just seen something strange on Twitter, a person on my timeline retweeted a primary school teacher talking about how Oracle have made an Aston Villa app then went on to say that Oracle don't normally do app development, I have no idea if that's true or false.

We do have a link to Oracle though.

They have since removed the 2 tweets about Aston Villa's app and Oracle. I find that strange.

@PadsinPrimary

Im scottish let me explain... He said 'noo people'. Noo is scottish slang for 'now'.

So he is saying 'now people'.

The people he saw, i think means players that he wasnt able to get due to financial restrictions. He thought it wasnt wise to discuss this So he changed the subject.

• Like 4

Just seen something strange on Twitter, a person on my timeline retweeted a primary school teacher talking about how Oracle have made an Aston Villa app then went on to say that Oracle don't normally do app development, I have no idea if that's true or false.

They have since removed the 2 tweets about Aston Villa's app and Oracle. I find that strange.

‏@PadsinPrimary

is it a 'New' app ?

I think the key part of the interview isnt the "new people" or "we saw" parts but the actual fact that every question regarding new owners were completely deflected.

Surely if there were no new owners or no bids on thr the table he would just come out a make it clear

‏@PadsinPrimary

is it a 'New' app ?

That's what PadsinPrimary said yes, a new app.

Duh me, feck oof.

Edited by Cracker1234

If it was "clear as day" plenty wouldn't be having this conversation

I think "mon" means "man" but I don't think "och" means anything.

Proper geeky Simpsons and Garth Marenghi references in the same night. I like it a lot.

• Like 1

Im scottish let me explain... He said 'noo people'. Noo is scottish slang for 'now'.

The people he saw, i think means players that he wasnt able to get due to financial restrictions. He thought it wasnt wise to discuss this So he changed the subject.

You may of course be right, but a Manager IMO would never refer to players he tried to buy as 'people'...and he wouldn't say 'we saw'..he would have said 'we tried to buy players who....'

And in any event what would that all mean ?  Putting that general line of interpretation together we would have.......

"Now - players - understand the situation, that we are selling up, and that will help, because we previously saw players who..oops I nearly said players who didn't what ?.it has no logic to it.

Wheras

Now (or new !) people understand the position  - ie that we need players of quality (which was the question) and the 'people we saw',oops I had better shut up,.......makes perfect logical sense.

• Like 1

How would a primary school teacher be the only one to know that? Any evidence or just another tweets with no substance?

I just seen one of the tweets, no evidence to back it up, just found it strange that a primary school teacher was talking about Aston Villa, they even said they wasn't a football fan.

PL was trying to answer how he could find the right players if Randy wasn't willing to release funds.

He didn't even need to mention in his answer anything to do with a takeover not being imminent, which to me suggests he was trying to cover up a slip.

• Like 1

Wheras

Now (or new !) people understand the position - ie that we need players of quality (which was the question) and the 'people we saw',oops I had better shut up,.......makes perfect logical sense.

This. But i still think ur final bit 'the people we saw' relates to players

I don't think we will figure who is buying us by trying to decode what Paul Lambert is saying.  Our only hope is thetrees. 

Can you imagine the players trying to decode what he's on about? No wonder they look all over the shop!

• Like 4