$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Doubt even the most sadistic Birmingham City fan could have dreamed up a more nightmarish scenario for us than the one we find us in now thanks to Lerner & Lambert.

Proud history, bright future...

Have a day off. Were financially stable(ish), still in premier league and could be taken over by someone with fresh ideas and more £££. If we were in administration and relegated I'd kind of understand.

So true.

Although I'm quite enjoying the "we're still a Premier League club!  we're doomed!" chat.  Amusing :D

Doubt even the most sadistic Birmingham City fan could have dreamed up a more nightmarish scenario for us than the one we find us in now thanks to Lerner & Lambert.

Proud history, bright future...

Have a day off. Were financially stable(ish), still in premier league and could be taken over by someone with fresh ideas and more £££. If we were in administration and relegated I'd kind of understand.

Considering where we were just a few seasons ago it's a real feat how far we have fallen, while at the same time hemorrhaging money to get there while playing awful football.

But sure, thing can always get worse

Slightly off topic but the piece by Kendrick on which players will be staying and which players will be leaving just goes to show how clueless the press are regarding our club. Similarly journos are clutching at straws when reporting anything regarding the takeover.

Edited by Robbie09

Kendrick will be lucky if he is allowed back in to the Villa after his Lambert-Out stance adopted post the end of the season.

Don't see why he should be. He made valid points and the evidence backs up his opinion on lambert.

All speculation aside, the bare truth is that if we're still in the same boat come August then even the most die-hard fans will be slashing their wrists. If the club is hard to sell now, whats it going to be like when the fans start voting with their feet and the team are (probably) just going through the same motions? Hardly an attractive proposition, is it?

If we get taken over after the window closes i think were done for

Throwing money at it in January won't work if were too far behind

Look at the sides who have done it recently they all went down

Aye I think there are parallels with Fulham here.

They were taken over last August, didn't really sign anyone bar cheap free transfers, manager sacked in November, spent a shed load in January and still went down after two more managerial changes.

All speculation aside, the bare truth is that if we're still in the same boat come August then even the most die-hard fans will be slashing their wrists. If the club is hard to sell now, whats it going to be like when the fans start voting with their feet and the team are (probably) just going through the same motions? Hardly an attractive proposition, is it?

Aye I worry if we have a poor start to the season say 1 win in 6 then there's going to be major protests at the ground against Lambert, the board etc.

Next season already feels like it's going to be an almighty car crash.

Kendrick will be lucky if he is allowed back in to the Villa after his Lambert-Out stance adopted post the end of the season.

Don't see why he should be. He made valid points and the evidence backs up his opinion on lambert.

I agree but will PL see it like that.  You know what he is like with Kendrick already following our defeat against Millwall.

I don't think we can read anything in to what the club, Lambert or journalists are saying.

The clubs official stance will not change until we reach the point where it is a done deal, they have no reason to, Lambert will have been told what he can and can't say if he even knows what is going on himself and the journalists are being fed information by the club, with nothing concrete they are not going to publish rumours from the internet, what they say will not change until the club wants it to change.

We are completely in the dark and we will remain completely in the dark until the very last moment.

Think of the backlash should Lerner announce he is in talks with somebody for it to fall through and be back to square one, it makes no sense for them to release any information regardless of how far along in the process (or not) we might be.

In my opinion our best source of information at this current moment is the plane spotting and sleuthing.

two reasons for this ;-

1) it deflects attention and conversation away from plane spotting.......

2) it clears the decks for uneasy questions that may get asked when due diligence takes place and even if the former bomb squad members aren't required by a new manager / owner it helps to make them more sellable (although not easy)...and in the meantime they can step in if needed as opposed to for example resigning Grant Holt...

two reasons for this ;-

1) it deflects attention and conversation away from plane spotting.......

2) it clears the decks for uneasy questions that may get asked when due diligence takes place and even if the former bomb squad members aren't required by a new manager / owner it helps to make them more sellable (although not easy)...and in the meantime they can step in if needed as opposed to for example resigning Grant Holt...

If having them in the squad makes them more sellable then why have we not had them in the squad during the 2 years we have been trying to sell them?

God it is depressing in here.  Don't believe everything you read in the press.  Just be patient, even if we don't get taken over then get behind the team beacuse they are going to bloody need it.  Whatever you want to say about PL, he has handled the situation fantastically and is leading our club well in a time of adversity.  No one else is stepping up to the plate.  RL and PF have left PL to get all of the flak and the awkward questions.  Fair play to PL, he has gone up in my estimation.

Like I said on twitter the other day.  As much as I do want a new manager, it is unfair on PL to say whilst we have no money you're our man but once we get a new owner with more money, you are out on your arse.

For £25 grand a week I would sit in front of the press all day every day spouting bollocks. In fact I would be better at it than Lambert!

I know it's unusual for the press but all he has done is point out the truth and reflected the feelings of the fan on the terrace so why should he be victimised for that?

• Like 1

With regard the due diligence, isn't it highly likely going from the statements from last years accounts that certain players registrations and their associated costs (assuming this to be the bomb squad) were accelerated through the amortisation process to more accurately reflect the value of the current playing squad. Therefore, I don't know how well it would hold up if we were trying to pull these guys back into the squad to say for example that Darren Bent is worth £4.5m, what it might do is say that our last accounts show these players as have zero value or little value, but the club maybe showing that they do in fact have a greater value than what is currently recorded, and trying to say a lot of recorded assets are in fact undervalued, such as Benteke. I don't think they have been brought in to fool the DD crowd, but are for more likely to be included as Lambert may not have a whole pile to spend, and could well have to rely on the goal scoring exploits of DB9 if Libor & Christian aren't fit in August, as goals seemed a rare commodity since CB has been injured.

Edited by Folski

Honestly don't know how people can so quickly come to the conclusion that we're "done for".

I like to think of myself as an optimist but I think it is the logical conclusion.

All evidence indicates we are now up for sale with no offers. Until we are sold (months,seasons,years) Lerner is going to cut back spending even further.

This squad barely escaped relegation this season. Assuming we are shopping even cheaper than last season then it is going to be in for yet another run in.

I think "done for" is about right to be honest.

It's hardly the logical conclusion though is it? The club's been officially up for sale (I expect we've been up for sale longer than that) for just over a week and we're not even into June yet people are already panicking and proclaiming that we're **** already. It's ridiculous. Even if there's no takeover this summer (and that's a big if), it's still not the end of the world. The logical conclusion would be "let's wait and see" rather than proclaiming that we're doomed before June. Let's hope the players don't have this kind of attitude because then we really would be done for.

I think people are letting that awful end of the season get to them a little bit, just like some let the great end to the season before get to them.

Edited by Mantis