$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

On BBC, Nicola Cortese has stated that would like to run another Premier League club and that "maybe" he will be back soon. Think he would be excellent to come into us.

Bob & Nicola's claret & blue army !

I don't know what to think anymore, It's hard to read. i was sure we'd get new owners but maybe I was just feeding of the positivity of this thread but now it's all gone sad because of the bomb squad, Lambert saying nothing is imminent (he could be tricking us) and Albrighton gone. I've still got a feeling we'll be brought out though, just in the dark at the moment.

The question for me is why would Villa release a story to the press saying Bent or Hutton are back in. But back in Feb Lambert was talking about Bent never playing for Villa again.

For me, Lerner has told Lambert while he is at the club there is no money and that's plain to see. Lambert is planning to make the best of the situation we are in. He is being backed by a chairman who doesn't want to buy players, renew contracts to senior players or put more money into the club. He wants out plain and simple.

I look at this story and think have Villa released this to scare people and throw them off the whole takeover talk?

Frankly, Lambert has been dealt a crappy deal by Lerner and respect to him for carrying on. But, it is a man who said Lerner comes to games in disguise and Bent would never play for Villa again. A big pinch of salt is required gang.

Looks at these 2 articles and let me know what you think:

What idiot agreed to pay Hutton £40k a week? We go from bad to worse  

Cortese:-

"I know I will get into running a football club. I can't tell you the details at this moment. I am in Milan because I like Milan, but everyone who knows me knows I am most interested in the Premier League."

So can we expect to see him back in football soon? "Maybe," he says with a smile. When I suggest he looks like he knows something, he simply responds "maybe".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27498644

Edited by smetrov

Well one things for sure if Cortese were here Lambert would be out the door quicker than an alabama tick

Look what happened with Adkins who at the time was doing an ok job and just beat us from what i recall

Edited by AshVilla

"I know I will get into running a football club. I can't tell you the details at this moment. I am in Milan because I like Milan, but everyone who knows me knows I am most interested in the Premier League."

So can we expect to see him back in football soon? "Maybe," he says with a smile. When I suggest he looks like he knows something, he simply responds "maybe".

Interdasting.... :detect:

Are there any other clubs in PL who might need/would get new executive chairman or ceo other than Villa with new owners?

Are there any other clubs in PL who might need/would get new executive chairman or ceo other than Villa with new owners?

Newcastle.

Well the current southampton owner has little interest in football - so maybe he's getting something together to buy them out.......

It just screams villa though - so much so - you know it won't happen !

Chairman : Robert Rich

CEO : Nicola Cortese

Just a manager, coaching staff, and about 6 players....

Wouldnt have thought all this uncertainty and bad news would be selling loads of season tickets. Wonder what they are like in comparison to this time last year.

Last I heard they have only sold 6500, that is way down on the 10000+ from last season

Wonder if they are cutting down on the phone bills as well. Might not be ringing round pushing them this year.

They've sent me a couple of texts so I expect the calls will commence...

It's only been a week and a bit since the announcement was made.  Long way to go yet.  Still hopeful we will have a new owner before the World Cup ends.

True - my worry is that Randy has been trying to sell us, without success for considerably longer than that.

If he doesn't sell quickly, then I fear the maliase will accerlerate into a rapid decline

Why there is a deal in a fairly advanced stage:

If you want to sell something, you don't start tearing pieces out of it.  You don't dismantle the drive train of a car before listing it.  You don't dismantle the electrical wiring of a house while you're waiting for a buyer. 

Not renewing contracts for Delph, Vlaar, etc.  Means you are expecting a sale in relatively short order, those contracts can be sorted in plenty of time given the anticipated takeover time frame.

Now, the expected deal could collapse...... but one is or at least was, expected to be done in weeks, not months, not no buyers in sight.  It's just not plausible given the clubs ACTIONS.  (which, after all, speak louder than words)

• Like 2

It's only been a week and a bit since the announcement was made.  Long way to go yet.  Still hopeful we will have a new owner before the World Cup ends.

True - my worry is that Randy has been trying to sell us, without success for considerably longer than that.

If he doesn't sell quickly, then I fear the maliase will accerlerate into a rapid decline

Yep. There are only three possibilities that explain the recent announcement:

- The idea of selling the club has only recently popped into Lerner's head.

- He has been trying to sell for ages and has finally found a buyer.

- He has been trying to sell for ages without success, but has announced that the club is for sale to take the heat off himself after an awful season.

If it's the third one we are in big trouble.

If you want to sell something, you don't start tearing pieces out of it.  You don't dismantle the drive train of a car before listing it.  You don't dismantle the electrical wiring of a house while you're waiting for a buyer. 

Not renewing contracts for Delph, Vlaar, etc.  Means you are expecting a sale in relatively short order, those contracts can be sorted in plenty of time given the anticipated takeover time frame.

Now, the expected deal could collapse...... but one is or at least was, expected to be done in weeks, not months, not no buyers in sight.  It's just not plausible given the clubs ACTIONS.  (which, after all, speak louder than words)

This is Randy Lerner - nothing is off limits...

How many times have we said 'of course Randy wouldn't do that he would be stupid'

Announcing the club is for sale without a buyer in the pipeline, allowing Vlaar and Delph contracts to fizzle out so the club gets nothing, - don't think 'Oh Randy wouldn't do that' - It really isn't beyond the realms of possibility....

I wish I had changed the last sentence in my previous post to say. 

"But now people understand that the deal could collapse  OR  The new people understand that the deal could collapse.... (depending upon the fidelity of your ear)"

Yep. There are only three possibilities that explain the recent announcement:

- The idea of selling the club has only recently popped into Lerner's head.

- He has been trying to sell for ages and has finally found a buyer.

- He has been trying to sell for ages without success, but has announced that the club is for sale to take the heat off himself after an awful season.

If it's the third one we are in big trouble.

I doubt it's the first because of the cutbacks and if it's the 3rd I'd have thought the statement would have been worded differently so as not to sound desperate and therefore damaging his ability to demand a high price for us. For this reason I think and hope it's the 2nd but nothing would surprise me at the moment!!

Could also be (hopefully not) you're just fed up of losing cash in an asset and don't want to spend anymore money on it. When you've lost £150m what's another £10m.

Edited by Folski