$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I haven't listened to it but I think he says the new people are in due diligence and therefore one can not have idle musings about such events until it's come to it's climax or something like that!

• Like 3

How many times has Lambert talked about needing big money these past few weeks? Its like he's drilling into any potential new owners head :D

Or he's trying to do what mcleish did in his final weeks of being in charge tbf, Making some claims for bigger players. Its the only thing he can do when you think about the situation hes in.

I dont think it is crucial whether he said 'now people' or new people - the crucial thing is thathe then mentions people again, immediately.....'we saw people that...'

Even if the first bit could be interpreted as meaning 'now people understand' the next bit can't realistically be related to general 'people' and it would be a massive stretch to suggest he is really saying  'we saw people(players) that...'.

He clearly says/means 'we saw people' - who is we, who did they see, when, and what would their relevance be to purchasing players ?....

More crucially he exhibits classic 'cover up' behaviours immeduiately.

I have interviewed countless suspects (not a policeman!) and lectured on interview techniques.

The immediate 'as I said' is classic, as is what he goes on to say  - which is NOT what he was saying at all.

When added to the general obfuscation that follows I personally am convinced it was a slip, and he met potential prospective owners

And I dont say it because I am desparate to believe it, I simply read it that way.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

I dont think it is crucial whether he said 'now people' or new people - the crucial thing is thathe then mentions people again, immediately.....'we saw people that...'

Even if the first bit could be interpreted as meaning 'now people understand' the next bit can't realistically be related to general 'people' and it would be a massive stretch to suggest he is really saying  'we saw people(players) that...'.

He clearly says/means 'we saw people' - who is we, who did they see, when, and what would their relevance be to purchasing players ?....

More crucially he exhibits classic 'cover up' behaviours immeduiately.

I have interviewed countless suspects (not a policeman!) and lectured on interview techniques.

The immediate 'as I said' is classic, as is what he goes on to say  - which is NOT what he was saying at all.

When added to the general obfuscation that follows I personally am convinced it was a slip, and he met potential prospective owners

And I dont say it because I am desparate to believe it, I simply read it that way.

That clears that up then !

• Like 2

I hear him saying "the new people understand the situation" but more telling is that after he says "we saw people that". Saw who? It seems as though he realises he has made a mistake and get flustered, suddenly back peddling and reiterating that "there is nothing there". I am personally encouraged by this!

• Like 1