$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Never believe anything that comes out of the Villa PR machine.  Everyone should know that following the last few years. 

Does that mean we don't have a bright future and are still pushing for Europe? :(

It means Randy Lerner never actually bought us and we have been owned by Doug Ellis ever since with Randy Lerner being Phil Mepham in disguise.

• Like 1

Never believe anything that comes out of the Villa PR machine.  Everyone should know that following the last few years. 

Does that mean we don't have a bright future and are still pushing for Europe? :(

It means Randy Lerner never actually bought us and we have been owned by Doug Ellis ever since with Randy Lerner being Phil Mepham in disguise.

Does that make Faulkner Abdul Rashid and the court case was just a cunning decoy? :)

• Like 1

HA HA! Just nicking time off someone who replied back to me on another forum regarding development of Aston.

Have a look at this Beestie Aston Area Plan 2 years old, the area by Witton Road is an area Centre. Remember AVFC also own the old Siemens site. Queens Road nick and the old Leisure Centre (regional investment site) are going to go. This is a mahoosive plan if it ever happens totally regenerating Aston and surrounding areas. Right in the middle of it al? VILLA PARK

HA HA! Just nicking time off someone who replied back to me on another forum regarding development of Aston.

Have a look at this Beestie Aston Area Plan 2 years old, the area by Witton Road is an area Centre. Remember AVFC also own the old Siemens site. Queens Road nick and the old Leisure Centre (regional investment site) are going to go. This is a mahoosive plan if it ever happens totally regenerating Aston and surrounding areas. Right in the middle of it al? VILLA PARK

People seems to forget that there's SO much more in buying/owning sports club/team than just the team itself. To market the team and getting people aboard is so much more than just sponsorship, you need right kind of people marketing the "brand" (Oh how I loathe that word) and to get visibility.

In that Villa has loads of potential what has never been tapped. All the stuff with airlines, eurosport etc. abroad is a good start but we can do so much more with it, especially if new owners invest into the team and gets us up in the table.

You would imagine Villa would be doing their utmost to create a positive view of us right now given that we are up for sale and they want their custormers i.e. us, to renew and continue to support the club financially. 

Wouldnt have thought all this uncertainty and bad news would be selling loads of season tickets. Wonder what they are like in comparison to this time last year.

Last I heard they have only sold 6500, that is way down on the 10000+ from last season

Guys just off the topic of M and S for a sec.

When their was talk 2 years back about the arab's coming in to Villa before "He who shall not be named" came in. There was a lot of talk they wanted to put money into the club.

BUT, there was also talk of the fact Villa own bits of land around Aston. Not just round VP. From what I understood the arab's where going to use VP as a HQ. Rebuild the North and fill in the corners of the stadium.

There was also talk that companies such as Microsoft, Google etc where interested in building HQ's on the plots owed by Villa. Not only would this be central to everyone in the UK being a stones throw away from the City and M5/M6. But it would be money coming back in from the leasing of the land.

As fans we want to see our club do well on the pitch. But sometimes you have to look at it from a business point of view. We could easily do what City are doing given the right backing. 

Rich Arabs wanting spluge all their money into the club and financial backing from Microsoft and Google. :lol:

Hey that was one of the many chats I've had - One of points raised but was taken with a big pinch of salt. But from a business point of view if Villa own bits of land around aston you can see why people would want to invest.

Apart from the fact that, Aston, is a bit of a dump?

I'm going to hire a limo, or exec class car, hire a driver, get 8pints to sit in the back of the car with me, open the doors for me, wear a suit with a baseball cap with something to do with a Buffalo team on it, maybe wear a Buffalo teams' jacket and get out of the car smiling with a cigar in one hand and my mobile in another. 

Then I'll walk around the outside of the North End, shake my head a bit, walk around to the Holte where I'll get a cheque book out and run into the Trinity Road Exec suites.

Has anyone got a nice Merc they could lend me for the afternoon? :lol:

• Like 1

Wouldnt have thought all this uncertainty and bad news would be selling loads of season tickets. Wonder what they are like in comparison to this time last year.

Last I heard they have only sold 6500, that is way down on the 10000+ from last season

Wonder if they are cutting down on the phone bills as well. Might not be ringing round pushing them this year.

Wonder if they are cutting down on the phone bills as well. Might not be ringing round pushing them this year.

No over on TBAR they are raging about this. One bloke was called every day last week by the staff to renew.

Another said if won't renew if PL is still there which the clerk replied "If he is we'll refund you".

I was talking about renewing mine, one fan said they had a call, said if PL was there he won't be & the clerk offered him a discount from 545 to 395!

Edited by mini_beest
  • Like 1

No over on TBAR they are raging about this. One bloke was called every day last week by the staff to renew.

Another said if won't renew if PL is still there which the clerk replied "If he is we'll refund you".

I was talking about renewing mine, one fan said they had a call, said if PL was there he won't be & the clerk offered him a discount from 545 to 395!

Right....If they are knocking of £150 - I want a refund..........[oh its TBAR!!]

So do I...twice.

Right....If they are knocking of £150 - I want a refund..........[oh its TBAR!!]

So do I...twice.

So do I.... 3 TIMES A LADY!