$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

My hearing of it was "the new people" but it is hard to be certain of it given the standard of his articulation. It is difficult to make out what he is saying at the best of times.

Listening to it a few times more, I am more of the belief that he says "but new people" now.

I've listened to if quite a few times now and I still lean more towards him saying 'the new people'. For one I don't think that's quite the way way a Glaswegian would say 'now', it'd be close but not quite as stressed, and secondly he just changes completely through that sentence into talking about how nothing is imminent which sounds like panicked back peddling.

I don't know why he'd suddenly change to talk about how nothing is imminent, obviously referring to new ownership, if he had said 'but now people' in reference to the fans being more understanding of the financial situation. It just sounds like two unrelated topics of conversation to me and doesn't fit.

I've listened back about 6 times and it sounds to me he is saying "But now people or not understand the situation", could be " but now people now understand the situation". He doesn't say "the new people", there's no " the" before the rest.

I've listened back about 6 times and it sounds to me he is saying "But now people or not understand the situation", could be " but now people now understand the situation". He doesn't say "the new people", there's no " the" before the rest.

There is definitely a syllable before 'new/now', whether it's 'the/but/something else entirely' is up in the air and we'll never know to be honest.

I guess it doesn't matter and we'll find out sooner or later where the club stands on a sale.

Edited by Ginko

'The new people' may well be 'But now people', I suppose. He does sound like he starts to backtrack pretty quickly though.

Sigh, it's time like this I wish we had a well-spoken manager.

Ironically Houllier was probably the easiest to understand of our last 4 managers.

Except for "Abdomlamor" of course.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I haven't listent to it yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he said 'The new people'll understand the situation' but only slightly touched the 'll part of people.

• Like 1