$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If hes got a buyer lined up and its just all about final details in the next few weeks then fair enough, if we are just up for sale and looking for a buyer we are deep in the brown stuff. Give us a parting gift and dispose of Lambert, if he the new owner comes in and is advised to keep Lambert i'd be livid.

Goodbye and good riddance. Take Faulkner and Lambert with you, and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Thanks for the 3 consecutive worst ever premiership seasons, thanks for mistake after mistake and thanks for gambling with the premiership status of the club.

You're only pretending you won't miss him. ;)

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Not sure if i'm one of the intended targets for this, but:-

I made a massive effort to distance myself from being an architypal 'ITK'er

I got told by a very reliable source, who has no reason at all to lie that Ellison is/was interested. Straight from the mouth of someone close to him within his organisation.

I made an effort to say that this didn't mean he was about to buy us, and as we all know, many things can happen i.e. Changes his mind, Crossed wires, it derived from 'hearsay', however still thought it worth posting as it was of interest to Villa fans and ok, I got excited by it.

Anyway, I think we owe some gratitude to Lerner, he tried, we nearly succeeded (first 2/3 years), we failed (regrettably), he hasn't done anything to disrespect the club, or meddled with our traditions. IMO we were luck to have had him. Fingers crossed for the future, and it could still be Ellison.

If hes got a buyer lined up and its just all about final details in the next few weeks then fair enough, if we are just up for sale and looking for a buyer we are deep in the brown stuff. Give us a parting gift and dispose of Lambert, if he the new owner comes in and is advised to keep Lambert i'd be livid.

I reckon we're somewhere in between - no buyer properly lined up with just the final details to sort out but at the same time there are interested parties with negotiations ongoing.

• Like 1

The date that was mentioned a while back was Wednesday 14th May. Still hopeful that this is the first statement actually announcing that we are for sale and that a buyer is lined up and a takeover can happen very soon. Seems logical to announce the sale and have a bit of a farewell statement before the new owners come in.

Sounds very much like to me that a buyer is lined up.

Really - why approach Meryl Lynch to find one then ?

He said that Meryl Lynch were overseeing the sale, not 'looking for a buyer'. That could be looking for a buyer, but could also be overseeing the sale to an already-interested party.

Thanks for the effort Randy. There's not a chance he would say this if he didn't have a buyer. 

He tried, don't think he released how hard it was going to be. 

Top 4 was realistic in 2006 without the level of competition there is now. 

I think without being ITK that we haven't literally just gone up for sale at 10 this morning so I'd imagine that we have been tryng to find one for months. This would fit in with our cut backs for the last few years. I still have a feeling that we are close to being bought. Does anybody know the mechanics of a sale? How long does it take? Due diligence etc? Surely that would only be carried out after our final prize money was worked out? Just guessing and just a feeling.

Did some things good and some things bad. Glad he had realised that he need to go now though. A some have said think at the beginning he did genuinely want to build Aston Villa up as a proper club and did have hi heart in the right place, it was just too big a task for him.

I would say that as he is involving the banker, the sale is pretty imminent.

The only thing that makes doubt he has a buyer is that when he released his statement telling of his intention to sell the Browns he revealed the name of the person in negotiations to buy the club.

But going by all other reasonable deductions I'd think that we'll be sold soon enough.

Does the league have rules in place saying that they have to? Their not on the stock exchange either are they?

Thinking along the lines of utd who have to confirm or deny any major speculation within a set time frame due to them being on the yank stock exchange

I'm not knocking anyone, but I find it strange how people can muster up such anger and hatred for Lerner and Faulkner. I'm not saying his whole time here has been a total joy, but we could have had a Carson Yeung.

Especially after Ellis, too.

I don't get it either. 

• Like 1

The only thing that makes doubt he has a buyer is that when he released his statement telling of his intention to sell the Browns he revealed the name of the person in negotiations to buy the club.

But going by all other reasonable deductions I'd think that we'll be sold soon enough.

Does the league have rules in place saying that they have to? Their not on the stock exchange either are they?

Thinking along the lines of utd who have to confirm or deny any major speculation within a set time frame due to them being on the yank stock exchange

I don't know to be honest. Could just be that the potential buyers have requested that their names not be revealed or that there are more than one potential buyer or something else.

I'm not knocking anyone, but I find it strange how people can muster up such anger and hatred for Lerner and Faulkner. I'm not saying his whole time here has been a total joy, but we could have had a Carson Yeung.

I think it's worth bearing this in mind for the potential sale too.

YEah if we get taken over by bazillionaires then we'll be sorted.

But we could quite easily be bought by the next Venky's.

Part of me is excited, but part of me also realises that takeovers can be a disaster for the club involved. I hope Randy finds us a good buyer, and doesn't just offload to the first interested party

• Like 2

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Not sure if i'm one of the intended targets for this, but:-

I made a massive effort to distance myself from being an architypal 'ITK'er

I got told by a very reliable source, who has no reason at all to lie that Ellison is/was interested. Straight from the mouth of someone close to him within his organisation.

I made an effort to say that this didn't mean he was about to buy us, and as we all know, many things can happen i.e. Changes his mind, Crossed wires, it derived from 'hearsay', however still thought it worth posting as it was of interest to Villa fans and ok, I got excited by it.

Anyway, I think we owe some gratitude to Lerner, he tried, we nearly succeeded (first 2/3 years), we failed (regrettably), he hasn't done anything to disrespect the club, or meddled with our traditions. IMO we were luck to have had him. Fingers crossed for the future, and it could still be Ellison.

No it was more aimed at the TBAR people and those saying we were sold.  Both to Ellison and Anschutz.

A few people have made definite statements about us being sold.