$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Sounds very much like to me that a buyer is lined up. 

Agree. It states that BOM Merril Lynch are advising on the sale so I expect the sale will go through very quickly

I said a few months we will be sold by end-June, if this is not the case I will donate £20 to Acorns.

Ultimately once a new owner is found a lot of things could change. Lerner is not going to do anything now until he sells the club. The new leaders of Aston Villa can change the plans for the summer.

Let's hope we are sold quickly.

Worst possible scenario. We're in limbo.

Perhaps a lesson to those who believed people who claim to be 'ITK'.

Think I'll take a break from here for a while, as the constant people pretending to be ITK will do my head in. I expect that'll disappoint one particular person who likes to follow me around.

• Like 1

But but some ITK’s on a internet forum told me the club was sold..

giphy.gif

As much as I argue with people here, I don't use other forums for that reason. But don't get down, I am 100% convinced there will be a sale sooner, rather than later.

Worst possible scenario. We're in limbo.

Perhaps a lesson to those who believed people who claim to be 'ITK'.

Think I'll take a break from here for a while, as the constant people pretending to be ITK will do my head in. I expect that'll disappoint one particular person who likes to follow me around.

"We'll be just fine"

• Like 1

What affect will this have on summer transfers. Surely we can't buy any players until the sale goes through and in effect the club is in total limbo.

We can only hope that the sale is already in place and it will move to a swift conclusion.

Cheerio!! :wave:  Lerner you never really had the guts for it did you!

Bit harsh. He had a good crack at it but ultimately was naive in trusting so much money to certain poor managers.

The problem is if a buyer isn't found he certainly isn't spending a penny this summer.

Not necessarily. He'll know as well as anybody that getting relegated next season would seriously damage the saleability of the club.

Edited by Mantis

It is entirely possible that he will say we are "up for sale" but it that would leave us in a strange & the worst kind of limbo.

Anyone interested in buying a PL club would already know this so maybe Lerner wasn't happy with what he has been offered.

In other ways it doesn't make sense. I can't remember a time when any PL club was publicly "up for sale" - it has always been done on the QT. This doesn't bode well if true.

My thoughts excactly. Would be better of saying nothing until something concrete happens. Afyer all they've said pretty much nothing for the last few years, another month or 2 would make no difference.