$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here. HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Not really. There's nothing 'final' we can really take from Randy's statement, other than we are up for sale.

We could have a buyer, we might be looking, we might be ironing out the details before contracts are signed. I don't think we'll know whether any ITKs have been royally shown up for a while. If nothing happens by the end of the summer, then it'd be fair to say that we never had a buyer, and the ITKs were wrong.

In the kitman's wife we trust!

• Like 1

People love to get hysterical don't they.  BoA would not be 'advising on the sale' if a suitor was not lined up.  He hasn't just put the club up for sale on eBay today.  It has been in the offing for a while.

• Like 1

Pete Colly been on sky sports news, saying no buyers for the club at this point.

The media know as much as we do. We had reports from bbc and talksport saying his not selling just an hour ago.

Just sit back and watch it play out, unless is coming from a statement from Villa, Lerner or the Buyer its fair to assume its merely a rumour.

If the above is true there first signing should be a creative midfielder who can kraft us some chances

Here we go with the cheesy puns...

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 6m

Exclusive: Kraft group have submitted a bid for Aston Villa football club. Unconfirmed price is £180 million. Lambert to lose job. #AVFC

That Indykaila guy seems to talk a lot of balls... but apparently he gets stuff right... Not sure if serious though.
thats just a clown on twitter making stuff up

What, somebody with over 100,000 followers? Not saying he's right but he's obviously not making stuff up.

Edited by Mantis

I'm not knocking anyone, but I find it strange how people can muster up such anger and hatred for Lerner and Faulkner. I'm not saying his whole time here has been a total joy, but we could have had a Carson Yeung.

It's the internet though. A bunch of keyboard warriors who think it's cool to direct nasty personal abuse to people who they don't even know personally.

Exclusive: Kraft group have submitted a bid for Aston Villa football club. Unconfirmed price is £180 million. Lambert to lose job. #AVFC

So they have the power to sack someone after simply making a bid?

Someone should have told BigJohn10, he could have made a bid after Christmas.

;)

That Indykaila guy seems to talk a lot of balls... but apparently he gets stuff right... Not sure if serious though.
thats just a clown on twitter making stuff up

Fair enough xD I see him on the rumor stuff all the time but never really payed attention to him.

In July 2012, owner Randy Lerner announced that he planned to sell the Browns to businessman Jimmy Haslam.[130] The sale was finalized on August 2, 2012 in excess of $1 Billion (USD).[131] Haslam officially was approved as the new owner on October 16, 2012 at the NFL owners' meetings

That's the fairly vaguely written entry for the sale of the Browns on wiki. The difference there is that the buyer is named.

I'm fairly confident that talks will be at an advanced stage seeing, as has been mentioned previously in this thread, announcing it publically does very little unless you are absolutely desperate to sell. It's not as if interested parties have to wait until Randy puts up his ad to sell us on Gumtree is it?

I tried to have a dig about to see the time frames from other take overs but I couldn't find much. Think the most recent from memory was Fulham which was a couple of weeks from announcement to handing over.

Anyone got any better info on the kinds of time frames were dealing with here? Afraid to say I don't remember how it all went down from Doug to Randy...

During the sale of the Browns, his initial statement read "In connection with rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I've been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam" who he eventually sold to, in my opinion no buyer is actually lined up yet.

• Like 2