$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

- at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that

He did hang around, hence our last 3 seasons being our 3 worst ever prem years.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Relax guys. Lerner will use the time wisely to find a suitable buyer which is infinitely preferable to him accepting the first Venkys or Yeung bid that comes along. Whatever you think of him I believe he does have the club's best interests at heart.

Relax, enjoy the World Cup, and look forward to a new era for Aston Villa Football Club. It's going to be a good summer.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

I know lots of people were hoping for a sale to be announced today, and it is slightly disappointing that we're not sold. However, as long as negotiations have started and can move along quite quickly then we shouldn't panic just yet. I might start panicing if there is no news of a sale by say mid to end of June. If a takeover happens then we will still have the best part of two months to sort the squad out, and lets be honest there won't be a lot of action on the transfer market until after the World Cup anyway. The one advantage we have over the last takeover by Randy, is that it should be a lot simpler and quicker to get the deal through this time, as there is no obligation to the stock market required and it is purely a case of meeting Randy's demands. Which hopefully won't be too high if he wants out?

That's a that's a bullshit statement from SSN prepared by someone who studied media at uni

There's no way of proving that statement incorrect, Lerner could have a buyer right now sat in his office, it'll take at least a few weeks to all go through at a guess, works with sky's 6 week timeframe, he doesn't have a buyer, works with that statement, doesn't ever find a buyer, works with that statement

It's wishy washy at best, it's what the majority of these ITKs and the likes of collymore always do

- at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that

Yeah why didn't he try and sell us 2-3 years ago? You know, during the worldwide recession?

• Like 2

Yeah why didn't he try and sell us 2-3 years ago? You know, during the worldwide recession?

"hmmm, this might get a bit tough... SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL"

• Like 1

Bryan Swanson @skysports_bryan 

We're told Randy Lerner aims to find a buyer in the next six weeks. No price set yet or formal offer from potential buyer. #avfc

oh shit!!!

If anything that gives me hope. Says no "formal" offer but odds are there are interested parties. Don't think there'd be a time frame set if there wasn't interest either.

Agreed, it is always best to give worse case scenario on these things, so surely if it is six weeks you would hope that negotiations are advanced. (Prays for some one good)

ahah, yeah, when we were pissing money on wages to the tune of 80%+ of our total income, with an ageing, average, overpaid squad?

what's not to like there? INSTANT BUYERS EVERYWHERE,

• Like 2

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Not sure if i'm one of the intended targets for this, but:-

I made a massive effort to distance myself from being an architypal 'ITK'er

I got told by a very reliable source, who has no reason at all to lie that Ellison is/was interested. Straight from the mouth of someone close to him within his organisation.

I made an effort to say that this didn't mean he was about to buy us, and as we all know, many things can happen i.e. Changes his mind, Crossed wires, it derived from 'hearsay', however still thought it worth posting as it was of interest to Villa fans and ok, I got excited by it.

Anyway, I think we owe some gratitude to Lerner, he tried, we nearly succeeded (first 2/3 years), we failed (regrettably), he hasn't done anything to disrespect the club, or meddled with our traditions. IMO we were luck to have had him. Fingers crossed for the future, and it could still be Ellison.

Exactly, and has been gracious through some disgusting abuse. He tried to fund us back to the top while restructuring and modernising the club, but we fell short on the pitch and had to take a hit on some poor player investments. He went through a divorce and has been preparing the club for a sale to the right person ever since, while still ensuring we stay in the league. Some poor decisions combined with bad luck has lead us to our current situation. I can't for one second accept that Randy has tried to do anything but improve the club. The sort of personal abuse and '**** off Lerner **** off Lambert' type comments are embarrising to us as fans, just like grown men getting worked up that players are having a bottle of beer on the way home from a very tough season. I'm aware this is the same for every football club in the country, but it staggers me how some people can be so detached from the real world.

The same goes with the notion that all the 'ITK' are wrong because of the statement. What is this obsession with trying to prove that people are wrong and seeking attention? They have heard a little bit of information that is exciting to them as a villa fan and are letting other people into what they have heard. Some of it will be slightly off the mark, but on the most part the jist of what has been claimed has been true. Don't see why this is something to berate them about.

• Like 2

It's not actually that disappointing, the statement.

Clearly preliminary feelers have been put out and I'm guessing that Merrill Lynch are to toothcomb through a couple of offers.

The difference with the other clubs are as such:

1. Lerner desperate to sell

2. Kenwright stubborn as Doug. If he was really wanting to get shot of Everton he would have worked harder to sell.

3. Mike Ashley is, I am assuming, a nightmare to deal with. The value of that club will also be very high, given the fan turnout, turnover and size of The Sports Direct arena or whatever it's called nowerdays ( ;) )

4. Everton have everything right at the club - what they don't have right is that Goodison needs sorting out or relocation, and they need to spend on their training facilities.

"hmmm, this might get a bit tough... SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL"

No let's hire McLeish and cut costs drastically. That will give it a go.

Relax guys. Lerner will use the time wisely to find a suitable buyer which is infinitely preferable to him accepting the first Venkys or Yeung bid that comes along. Whatever you think of him I believe he does have the club's best interests at heart.

Relax, enjoy the World Cup, and look forward to a new era for Aston Villa Football Club. It's going to be a good summer.

like he took the time to find us suitable managers!!! please dont rely on RL to find anyone suitable, it will be more luck than judgement imho!!

So did Ellis - way too long! At least he's kept his word to go within the 10 years