$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

General Krulak speaks. He has a buyer for me.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3825652,00.html

At his age, and with his background, record and reputation especially in and around the US Marine Corps, where his father served, there simply are other calls to service for Randy Lerner. He has juggled several careers over the better part of the last 12 years and he knows that it is time for him to focus more narrowly in other areas. He has written intermittently over the years and I know he has been asked to do more. What's more, this country is in a time of great flux on many levels and he may make himself available for a role on some level. He and I have discussed his moving on from Villa and it has not been an easy decision. I know his love and passion for Aston Villa but I also know that he was raised to view his role as a custodian, rather than a personal identity, and that makes it more straightforward in his mind that it is time for the next guy to lead this cherished, ancient Club.

Krulak is like a cockroach crawling out of the woodwork! To the last the clearing in the woods talks in riddles!

• Like 1

There are always interested parties - the stumbling block is raising the finance. That was why Doug chose lerner - because he had the cash - where as the others would just put the price on the books debt........thats what I fear will happen now

Why did i refollow Collymore the other day, what a detestable childish cretin. Unfollowed again.

Yep, he's screaming I told you so from the rooftops like he does the 3/10 times he's right about something

Surely over the last two weeks Collymore has pretty much covered all of the bases on the sale of Villa, one of his announcements was going to be correct.

Edited by NeilS

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Why? Just because a new owner hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean that a deal isn't in the pipeline.

Most ITK's have been right about the club being sold/up for sale.

I think anybody could deduce that the club were up for sale based on his original statement.

But I'm still not sure why you are calling out the ITK's just yet as these have proven to be right so far. Especially as anybody could deduce that the club were up for sale based on his original statement.

The ITK kicking will commence once we know who is actually buying the club as a lot of ITK's have stuck their necks on the line by giving names.

Too early to start knocking the ITK's just yet IMO.[/quote

Or if we haven't got a buyer by the start of pre season!! I'm confident we will

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan 

We're told Randy Lerner aims to find a buyer in the next six weeks. No price set yet or formal offer from potential buyer. #avfc

Why is it time to panic?

It was the "no price or formal offer" bit really. having re-read it I think it at least hints at buyers being identified. Plus I like that GIF.

There is no hint in that statement from Lerner of a buyer in the pipeline - I really think you are clutching at straws if you can see one.

I think (and hope) a takeover will be concluded by the end of June. It is the waiting I do not like.