$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Randy announces sale,  last we'll hear from him and Pilchard says he is keeping away from the site Mmmmm,  has anyone seen pilchard and randy in the same room together?

I wouldn't say its a rapid thing

i guess there's a lot of legal paper work and money being moved

Plus any new owner will have to jump through hoops and pass that fit and proper test

You don't put a multi million pound asset in a global industry worth billions up for sale like its a friends DVD box set on ebay.

Anyone interested would have put everything in place to takeover at earliest opportunity. World Cup starts in June & new season in August they are going to want to be on the best position to make a strong start. My humble opinion is it was sold weeks ago

• Like 1

You would think all these ITK's would give it a rest now

How many more times do they need to be exposed as bullshitters 

It's just another form of journalism - you don't have to buy into it. 

My take is this is a goodbye statement from Lerner. There is someone ready to buy or has bought Villa and in order not to steal their thunder Lerner hasn't mentioned them. I suspect things will move very quickly and we will soon see news coming out from the new owners.

Goodbye Lerner. You nearly destroyed our club, not only by flirting relegation for 4 years but by not controlling spending when a crazy man was buying 100 year olds on long ludicrous contracts.

You will receive no gratitude from me.

IMO there is no benefit what so ever in releasing that statement unless he has a buyer/buyers lined up. Given his reputation for being tight lipped I just can't see him publicly announcing we're up for sale unless a take-over is in the advances stages.

I reckon we'll here about the new owners within a month.

Club statement: Randy Lerner

12th May 2014

Several weeks back I said that following the end of the season I would clarify my future role with the Club, and address what had become seemingly constant rumours of a sale. I have come to know well that fates are fickle in the business of English football. And I feel that I have pushed mine well past the limit. The last several seasons have been week in, week out battles and having now come through this last season unfortunately limping amidst very meaningful injuries and constant sale rumours, I feel further that now is the time for me to look for new ownership and thus new leadership. I have asked the world of Paul Lambert and Paul Faulkner and they have both delivered selflessly. On a personal level it is time for me, like the Shunammite, to dwell among my own and get on with other aspects of my career, following a sale.

Above all, the debt I owe Aston Villa whether as owner, Chairman, custodian or simply as a fan is to put the Club first. To make good on that debt, I owe it to Villa to move on, and look for fresh, invigorated leadership, if in my heart I feel I can no longer do the job.

During my time with Villa, I have tried to strengthen and improve the Club's physical infrastructure both at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath while also trying to carry on the McGregor tradition of being mindful of the local community we serve. Above all in this effort is the connection the Club has made with Acorns; the caring, kindness and warmth that players, staff, managers and supporters have shown to Mr Strudley and Acorns has wiped away all disappointments and sobered my finest memories. Still, I can see now that it is time, if possible, to hand these privileges and responsibilities to the next person or group to take the Club forward. I am appreciative of the support I have received, even in these last years of comparative struggle when criticism was due, and will look on with others - with fingers crossed, for stronger future performance appropriate to our size and heritage.

On a practical level, the Club will continue with its normal operations and plans for the summer. I've no doubt that the core staff at both Villa Park and BMH, to whom I owe a massive debt of friendship and loyalty, will continue to guide and protect the Club through this period of transition according to their collective sense of professional pride and long term service to Villa - the vast majority having preceded my tenure.

Finally, in light of the above, I have engaged Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise on the sale of Aston Villa.

For me that statement sums up an awful lot of what has been wrong these past few years. We've waited and waited for some decisive leadership. Then, when it arrives it's ambiguous and open to whatever interpretation you wish to push upon it.

Not a born leader.

When told we needed a spade, he promised future acquisition of the means to procure an indentation in some grounds at some point notwithstanding the price of garden tools in a market which has fluctuated since the need for a spade was first established by the Shummanite woman.

• Like 4

My take is this is a goodbye statement from Lerner. There is someone ready to buy or has bought Villa and in order not to steal their thunder Lerner hasn't mentioned them. I suspect things will move very quickly and we will soon see news coming out from the new owners.

Goodbye Lerner. You nearly destroyed our club, not only by flirting relegation for 4 years but by not controlling spending when a crazy man was buying 100 year olds on long ludicrous contracts.

I thank him for all the work he did at Acorns but i can never forgive him for the appointment of McLeish such a shocking decision

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 6m

Exclusive: Kraft group have submitted a bid for Aston Villa football club. Unconfirmed price is £180 million. Lambert to lose job. #AVFC

First they came for Cadbury...

I wouldn't mind seeing a Villa shirt with Cadbury's written across the front of it. Where's Imarsha when you need him?

I thank him for all the work he did at Acorns but i can never forgive him for the appointment of McLeish such a shocking decision

Its a football club at the end of the day and nothing else bothers me only the results from 1week to the next. I understand other ones think different but thats just me.

"this is the start of a long process" - this bit by pete colley worries me! if correct we will be favourites for the drop next season - very little investment, and even if there was which players would want to come to us atm with all the uncertainty around us - what happens if Lambert walks now? which manager in their right minds would come to us knowing there would be little investment, and he faced the sack when the potential new owners show up?

What the hell is a Shunammite?

Yeah I saw that, biblical reference. Weird thing to drop in there...

Randy obviously heard about the Jesus chants at the Spurs game.

..... Randy in !!

[insert trollface]