$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Well the season closed yesterday and today Lerner puts the club up for sale. Nobody knows how far down the line a sale could be as it was clear from his statement earlier in the season that he was going to sell the club.

He hasn't just said "I'm selling" and will now look for someone to sell to. He will have been looking for a while I'd imagine.

• Like 1

Worst possible scenario. We're in limbo.

Perhaps a lesson to those who believed people who claim to be 'ITK'.

Think I'll take a break from here for a while, as the constant people pretending to be ITK will do my head in. I expect that'll disappoint one particular person who likes to follow me around.

I'm sure your valuable contributions will be missed.

• Like 2

To be honest I would say the game is still playing so there is no score yet on the ITK front.

Randy had to make a statement sooner or later and what he has said does support those who claim to have been ITK about a takeover.

They way I see it if we go the whole summer with minimal investment, no new owner yet but still up for sale and Lambert still in place then Trent will have been spot on and I will be very disappointed to say the least. We will also have a big battle for relegation again next season.

If we get sold in the next two months then Admin and others will have been spot on and better times will be on there way.

Well, let's hope the new owner(s) arrive sooner rather than later and if/when they make their investment drive, let's hope we aren't going to repeat the mistakes from last time and end up with an ageing, average, overpaid squad with little to no resale value.

Just throwing money at it isn't the answer IMHO. Hopefully the new owner(s) will recognise this and invest sustainably. For us to do that you'd think that we'd be looking for at least a director of football with a vision of how to get us up the league, or a chief executive who has been part of the football world for a while.

Anyway, fair play to Randy he gave it a crack and backed MON 100%. We just fell short and now that particular roller coaster has run it's course.

UTV. 

• Like 2

im sure im not the only one...

shunammite - 

The Shunammite woman was a wealthy and well respected person in the society. This is how the Bible described her.

In Deborah we saw a leader, in Hannah a prayerful woman, in Abigail an intelligent woman and the Shunammite a wealthy and well respected person in the society. This gives us a true picture of how the Bible views woman.

The Shunammite woman had a kind heart. Keeping your heart right, full of love and empty of bitterness is the secret of receiving from God.

The Shunammite woman used her kindness and wealth to entertain a prophet (2 Kings 4:8-10). She got blessed with a child because of her kindness. This was inline with God's promise (Matthew 10:41).

The Shunammite woman had three qualities that are essential in every woman of God.

Contentment
A kind heart (compassion)
Persistence

The Shunammite woman's life teaches us important lessons about these three essential qualities.

• Like 1

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Not necessarily - that will become apparent soon enough, though.

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Why? Just because a new owner hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean that a deal isn't in the pipeline.

Most ITK's have been right about the club being sold/up for sale.

Read that statement again - he is talking in the past sense and very final like the club is pretty much sold.  Working in the industry I imagine Bank of America are working with the prospective owners and their team to get the sale finalised.  Not cold calling Larry Ellison and asking him if he fancies owning a club in the middle of England.

Yeah, I would have expected something along the lines of "I'm still committed until a sale takes place", if this wasn't near complete. Pretty much a farewell letter.

• Like 1

I would imagine, and hope to be honest, that this statement means that a buyer has been lined up. I just can't see why he would make a statement telling us we are up for sale without one.

Thankyou Randy, I'll never forget spending 4 euros on an English paper whilst in Paris just to read the story of the takeover. A few great years and few utterly depressing ones all in keeping with being a fan of this great club.

• Like 2