$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

he's got a buyer

• Like 4

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Why? Just because a new owner hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean that a deal isn't in the pipeline.

Most ITK's have been right about the club being sold/up for sale.

Spot on. I think the only stalling point could have been price. Now with the intent to sell it should bring back those who thought it impossible previously.

All the ITK's have been royally shown up here.  HH was the only one with an ounce of integrity.

Why? Just because a new owner hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean that a deal isn't in the pipeline.

I think anybody could deduce that the club were up for sale based on his original statement.

"....... next person or group to take the Club forward" I don't think he has a buyer.

He will have engaged the advisors some time ago and it is very possible that they started the rumours to smoke out interested parties. This is going to be a long summer.

he's got a buyer

Is that your opinion or fact?

I think anybody could deduce that the club were up for sale based on his original statement.

But I'm still not sure why you are calling out the ITK's just yet as these have proven to be right so far. Especially as anybody could deduce that the club were up for sale based on his original statement.

The ITK kicking will commence once we know who is actually buying the club as a lot of ITK's have stuck their necks on the line by giving names.

Too early to start knocking the ITK's just yet IMO.

Well... Thanks Randy for those first few years when we battled with the bigger boys for a while.

Obviously he lost interest when we missed out on Champions League, started to haemorrhage money and the wages spiralled out of control and who can blame him. The guys not a Villa fan (despite the alleged tattoo) and owes the club nothing. Glad he's decided to sell but really should have come sooner when he made the initial decision to cut funds and massively reduce wages. Although the chances of selling the club back then were slim to none. He's cut costs and reduced the wages to manageable levels to give the next owners a clean slate with which to work. We won't be stuck with players on massive wages and contracts which was the plan which started 4 years ago.

Adiós Randy. You tried but ultimately failed due to being badly advised on footballing matters having surrounded yourself with business men.  

• Like 1

Read that statement again - he is talking in the past sense and very final like the club is pretty much sold.  Working in the industry I imagine Bank of America are working with the prospective owners and their team to get the sale finalised.  Not cold calling Larry Ellison and asking him if he fancies owning a club in the middle of England.

Yeah, I would have expected something along the lines of "I'm still committed until a sale takes place", if this wasn't near complete. Pretty much a farewell letter.

Yep - this seems more of a farewell than Kenwright or Ashley ever put out when they were supposedly for sale.

• Like 1

he's got a buyer

I also believe this. 

• Like 2

Now we will find out how "big" a club we actually are.......

Yeah agree, seen a fair few comments on twitter already about Everton and Newcastle being better buys

Not sure what thats based on to be honest, we've got the history, the infrastructure and a bigger catchment area than both of those, it's the squad / manager that needs the overhaul, everything else is in place

• Like 1

he's got a buyer

I also believe this. 

Yep. 

That statement reads like he is well on his way out. The buyer will be dealing with Merrill Lynch as we speak and it will come out in the next few days I'd say. 

Any businessman who's got at least two braincells wouldn't announce publicly that his business is for sale unless he's got a buyer or VERY desperate to sell it. So I think he already has buyer lined up and negotiations are in advanced stages, I'd expect statement of sale within four-five weeks.

• Like 3

The only thing that makes doubt he has a buyer is that when he released his statement telling of his intention to sell the Browns he revealed the name of the person in negotiations to buy the club.

But going by all other reasonable deductions I'd think that we'll be sold soon enough.