$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Randy announces sale,  last we'll hear from him and Pilchard says he is keeping away from the site Mmmmm,  has anyone seen pilchard and randy in the same room together?

Forward to donnie so he can add it to his files.

• Like 4

Just because he might not have someone lined up now doesn't mean there won't be new owners in place in 2 months time.

The worry then is do we have enough time for the new manager to assess the squad and bring in the right players?

That statement doesn't read like he has someone lined up for us. I hope I am wrong because, if I am not, it will mean a very tough season next season.

Youre 100% wrong because if youre not, then were goosed.

Yep, no doubt in my mind that a buyer is lined up. I'd expect the sale to be finalised within a few weeks.

Don't the Premier League need to do checks to validate the financial acumen of the buyer?

If the buyer was waiting on the club securing PL safety (which only happened just over a week ago), I'd imagine it'd take a little while for everything to be rubber stamped.

Both Lerner and the General's statements read as goodbyes so I'm sure talks are at an advanced stage if not almost complete.

• Like 2

Club statement: Randy Lerner

12th May 2014

Several weeks back I said that following the end of the season I would clarify my future role with the Club, and address what had become seemingly constant rumours of a sale. I have come to know well that fates are fickle in the business of English football. And I feel that I have pushed mine well past the limit. The last several seasons have been week in, week out battles and having now come through this last season unfortunately limping amidst very meaningful injuries and constant sale rumours, I feel further that now is the time for me to look for new ownership and thus new leadership. I have asked the world of Paul Lambert and Paul Faulkner and they have both delivered selflessly. On a personal level it is time for me, like the Shunammite, to dwell among my own and get on with other aspects of my career, following a sale.

Above all, the debt I owe Aston Villa whether as owner, Chairman, custodian or simply as a fan is to put the Club first. To make good on that debt, I owe it to Villa to move on, and look for fresh, invigorated leadership, if in my heart I feel I can no longer do the job.

During my time with Villa, I have tried to strengthen and improve the Club's physical infrastructure both at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath while also trying to carry on the McGregor tradition of being mindful of the local community we serve. Above all in this effort is the connection the Club has made with Acorns; the caring, kindness and warmth that players, staff, managers and supporters have shown to Mr Strudley and Acorns has wiped away all disappointments and sobered my finest memories. Still, I can see now that it is time, if possible, to hand these privileges and responsibilities to the next person or group to take the Club forward. I am appreciative of the support I have received, even in these last years of comparative struggle when criticism was due, and will look on with others - with fingers crossed, for stronger future performance appropriate to our size and heritage.

On a practical level, the Club will continue with its normal operations and plans for the summer. I've no doubt that the core staff at both Villa Park and BMH, to whom I owe a massive debt of friendship and loyalty, will continue to guide and protect the Club through this period of transition according to their collective sense of professional pride and long term service to Villa - the vast majority having preceded my tenure.

Finally, in light of the above, I have engaged Bank of America Merrill Lynch to advise on the sale of Aston Villa.

For me that statement sums up an awful lot of what has been wrong these past few years. We've waited and waited for some decisive leadership. Then, when it arrives it's ambiguous and open to whatever interpretation you wish to push upon it.

Not a born leader.

When told we needed a spade, he promised future acquisition of the means to procure an indentation in some grounds at some point notwithstanding the price of garden tools in a market which has fluctuated since the need for a spade was first established by the Shummanite woman.

I dont wholehartedly agree with all of this, but it did make me laugh. Great post.

The only thing thats been proven today is that the TBAR lot are full of BS!

It was obvious all along that they were a new site trying to generate some traffic

They will like, many other NITK's, pass it off as if they were right. Thats what they do to actually try and believe what they are saying.... Believe their own BS

How many pages before we find out the new owner?

I thought you knew :-)

I'm good but I cant foretell how many posts we'll get before we get to tomorrow  ;)

General Krulak speaks. He has a buyer for me.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3825652,00.html

At his age, and with his background, record and reputation especially in and around the US Marine Corps, where his father served, there simply are other calls to service for Randy Lerner. He has juggled several careers over the better part of the last 12 years and he knows that it is time for him to focus more narrowly in other areas. He has written intermittently over the years and I know he has been asked to do more. What's more, this country is in a time of great flux on many levels and he may make himself available for a role on some level. He and I have discussed his moving on from Villa and it has not been an easy decision. I know his love and passion for Aston Villa but I also know that he was raised to view his role as a custodian, rather than a personal identity, and that makes it more straightforward in his mind that it is time for the next guy to lead this cherished, ancient Club.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan 

We're told Randy Lerner aims to find a buyer in the next six weeks. No price set yet or formal offer from potential buyer. #avfc

if thats true then he already knows who it is.i used to work in the city of london(15 yrs ago mind),but deals don't happen that quickly.if this is true then we are on the way to being sold.

• Like 1

I'm not knocking anyone, but I find it strange how people can muster up such anger and hatred for Lerner and Faulkner. I'm not saying his whole time here has been a total joy, but we could have had a Carson Yeung.

And he has kept his word - at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that - no matter what your feelings - HE HAS put money in (more than you know who). He HAS NOT got us relegated (not for the want of trying or by luck - for the benefit of those who hate him) and he is leaving as soon as he knows he cannot take us forward. I wish him the best and I hope to god we get a decent bloke now - hope we don't regret this. Just as everyone keeps saying any other manager could do better than Lambert - Just hope the next owner can do better and we don't end up with a Vincent Tan etc. Then some will really have something to **** moan about!

whats he been doing for the last 2 years? only just realised he cant take us on????