Leicester City

Villan4Life

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That would fall outside of the 3 year rolling period wouldn't it?

Yes, I don't think they have sold any high value players in the last three years. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yes, I don't think they have sold any high value players in the last three years. 

Fofana they got about 80 million for

Am guessing since they got relegated the Maddison/Barnes deals dont count for Premier League

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Fofana they got about 80 million for

Am guessing since they got relegated the Maddison/Barnes deals dont count for Premier League

They all count, doesn't matter if you relegated or not. The only difference is rhe amount of money you are allowed to loose in championship is smaller than in the Premier league 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They serve as a warning to us and flying high and trying to keep up with the Jones'

I think it's more a warning that even winning the league doesn't mean you've cracked the big 6

Chelsea, man utd etc will be back and it'll be as tough as ever moving forward such is the disparity 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 20:06, Zatman said:

Its not really. Clubs are breaking the rules then facing consequences when caught

Yeah. Look at Man City. Bet they wish they'd towed the line now. 

I don't buy this Man City have 115 offences, it takes time. 

They were straight in against Everton with one they could prove and by all a counts are going back in again with more prosecutions. 

If you've got 115 you've surely got 2 or 3 you can go in on now then start work on the next lot. 

• Like 2

The difference is that Everton and Forest have largely complied with the process. Man City have obstructed from the very start and have a huge team of extremely highly paid lawyers fighting every single charge. The leagues case v city has to be watertight otherwise City will eat them for breakfast. 

Yep, Everton and Forest both immediately said "Yes, we're guilty, but we'd like you to consider these reasons", City and now Leicester have both said "f*** you, see you in court".

I think we'll learn more about what will happen to City from what happens to Leicester than we have from what's happened to Everton and Forest.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

The difference is that Everton and Forest have largely complied with the process. Man City have obstructed from the very start and have a huge team of extremely highly paid lawyers fighting every single charge. The leagues case v city has to be watertight otherwise City will eat them for breakfast. 

Are the lawyer fees ffp deductible? Or are all these shit hot lawyers working pro bono for a football club who had a dream? (and a trillion $ of petrostate funding)

On 21/03/2024 at 20:26, oishiiniku_uk said:

It takes a longer to investigate and build a case against 115 charges than it does against one. 

I'm which case, the league should award any team playing against city, 3 points.

That should speed their legal teams up a bit.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

They lost again today… they seem determined to not go up the easy way! 

spacer.png

Edit: I never used to dislike Leicester but I work with a bloke who think everyone must be a Leicester fan since they won the PL and that they’re up there with the top 6… so I’m nowadays I’m quite happy when they fail. I’m a ****, but who cares!? 😂 

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder what kind of points deduction they’ll get next season if they’re still in the championship. 

if its a PL only charge, would there even be a sanction in the Champ?, wouldnt it just be "this is your punishment "if" you get promoted?

Not sure it is only a PL charge, just thought i read it somewhere?

I work with a Leicester fan who has a ST goes to all away games as well. Good level headed conversations about footy with him.

Texted me yesterday on way home after the loss at Brissol city telling me some of the Leicester fans were booing their team....

54 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I work with a Leicester fan who has a ST goes to all away games as well. Good level headed conversations about footy with him.

Texted me yesterday on way home after the loss at Brissol city telling me some of the Leicester fans were booing their team....

Has been a massive collapse Keeganesque, many were predicting a record breaking points total at one stage

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if its a PL only charge, would there even be a sanction in the Champ?, wouldnt it just be "this is your punishment "if" you get promoted?

Not sure it is only a PL charge, just thought i read it somewhere?

think I read that it's possible that the EFL will be bringing charges against them as well

Â