Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Potter is above championship 

For me the chelsea job was abasket case and he still did better than lampard did

I think he will end up at midtable club like palace fulham if they dont start well

Everyone was linked with potter when he was at brighton. Now he is available with no compensation i think a few prem clubs might go for him next year 

He really isnt. 41 wins in 142 Premier League games is pretty poor. An overrated manager

Dean Smith for example 34 wins in 122 Premier League games and about 25 of them was managing Norwich plus building a new 11 in 2019/20 and he won't be getting linked to midtable jobs

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He really isnt. 41 wins in 142 Premier League games is pretty poor. An overrated manager

Dean Smith for example 34 wins in 122 Premier League games and about 25 of them was managing Norwich plus building a new 11 in 2019/20 and he won't be getting linked to midtable jobs

If you look at before he took chelsea job he was linked with newcastle spurs and even us. Hell alot of people wanted him here at one time.

One bad job doesnt make you a mediocre manager

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at before he took chelsea job he was linked with newcastle spurs and even us. Hell alot of people wanted him here at one time.

One bad job doesnt make you a mediocre manager

He needs time to build a team in his style. He's undoubtedly a good manager but he's now a gamble. My guess is he will want to get back on the saddle, hes Midlands lad as well so could easily commute to Leicester.  

Edited by tinker

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Looks like another Pep disciple is getting the job

Can see the league being like the Prem 15-20 odd years ago where you had a load of ex fergie players turned managers but they were all some diet coke/poor man's version of Fergie and all a bit shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Can see the league being like the Prem 15-20 odd years ago where you had a load of ex fergie players turned managers but they were all some diet coke/poor man's version of Fergie and all a bit shit

Even Bruce 

Smart appointment by Leicester imo, but only thing with these assistant coaches is their quality as an assistant doesn’t always translate to being the main man.

Will be a good one to watch. If he does have the right leadership skills to do it, then he could get them absolutely flying.

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

A few Man City youngsters there on loan next year I would imagine 

That's very possible. However I've just been on a Twitter thread with a lot of them thinking though could get Phillips on loan 😂

I thought some of their talk regarding Tielemans was a bit deluded but some of them and probably the club itself let the league and Cup win go to their heads and think they are so much bigger and better than they are. It's half the reason they've gone down.

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Looks to be a decent appointment, he will probably have a Kompany style effect on Leicester, get them playing decent football and back in the promotion mix for next season,.

Curious why you think this is a decent appointment?

I dont know much about him but he doesn't seem to have much experience. 

Did Well with City's development squad but that's a hard job not to do well with.

He seems to have failed with Parma and had to quickly return to City.

Not sure why they didn't get Dean or Parker as they know the league and have been successful in it.

Over a fortnight ago there was a Leicester fan who tweeted that Tielemans was joining us and had tweeted before that that Maresca was getting the managers job after the cup final…….perhaps he did know his beans

Could be a decent appointment. Maybe they looked at Burnley and  thought that was the blueprint of how to get out of the championship. Not saying they are the same type of managers but with the influence of pep they see that style as the way forward 

Â