Leicester City

Villan4Life

19 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Curious why you think this is a decent appointment?

I dont know much about him but he doesn't seem to have much experience. 

Did Well with City's development squad but that's a hard job not to do well with.

He seems to have failed with Parma and had to quickly return to City.

Not sure why they didn't get Dean or Parker as they know the league and have been successful in it.

I thought that as a disciple of pep, he might have that same ability as Arteta/Kompany, who also learnt from him, to cajole a squad and get them out of a rut, similar to the burnley situation. kompany has got them playing some nice stuff and will obviously have to adapt their style of play for the premier league, but leicester will have a top budget and think it could turn out to be a shrewd appointment. Dean would have done well in the championship too, parker always seems to fall out with ownership or players

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure Leicester is the best move for him, will likely play for their U21s but really could do with first team football, can't help but think even a move to a lower league side as long as he was going to play for their first team would have been better for the longer term, Still it's a much better move than most released academy players will get, a challenge to try and break into their first team, so a good opportunity for him.

Edited by useless

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Basically swapping Tielemams for Raikhy, some change in circumstances for both clubs in the past few years.

They won the league seven years ago.

Football is crazy.

Raikhy is being bought for their U21s, he will have to do very well to make their first team squad, would be like us selling Buendia and then saying we've swapped Buendia for Rico Richards, Harry Winks is more of a Tielemans replacement.

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

They won the league seven years ago.

Football is crazy.

I was thinking would fans here accept what’s happened to Leicester? Get relegated within 10 years but you win the League and Fa Cup?

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I was thinking would fans here accept what’s happened to Leicester? Get relegated within 10 years but you win the League and Fa Cup?

Everyday of the week. What a journey they've had. Pretty sure they will be back before long too. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, duke313 said:

I have no idea what 'fans' generally would accept but I'd be absolutely delighted. 

On 28/07/2023 at 07:59, duke313 said:

No.

I would much prefer finishing between 15th and 9th every year, forever. Nothing of note, maybe a cup run where we get to the quarters or semis once a decade, perhaps the odd player good enough for england as soon as we sell them, but other than that nothing to get people needlessly excited or happy. Perhaps a big season around the year 2035 where everyone’s fully engaged because we have a new badge but slightly fluff the whole thing and end up with a couple of badges as a holding exercise.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

No.

I would much prefer finishing between 15th and 9th every year, forever. Nothing of note, maybe a cup run where we get to the quarters or semis once a decade, perhaps the odd player good enough for england as soon as we sell them, but other than that nothing to get people needlessly excited or happy. Perhaps a big season around the year 2035 where everyone’s fully engaged because we have a new badge but slightly fluff the whole thing and end up with a couple of badges as a holding exercise.

👏

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Justin, Iheanacho, Souttar, Daka, Praet and Castagne all on the bench for Leicester.

blimey.

Old man Vardy up front and captain though.  They should piss the league really should never have gone down.

All in their heads isn't it, forget the names they underperformed, underinvestment seeming lack of ambition and going nowhere paired with a manager who stank the place out too long, players were phoning it in

That's why I think either West ham or wolves will do the same this year

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Justin, Iheanacho, Souttar, Daka, Praet and Castagne all on the bench for Leicester.

blimey.

Most of them must be leaving in next few weeks.

That bench is stronger than what they're putting out. Vardy and Winks past it and Vestegaard is incredible selection considering he's played seemingly two games for them in last two seasons.

Â