Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I keep going back to it but Hull are spending 3m, plus wages, to bring in Diame on a permanent and Ben Arfa on loan. 2 players that would have improved out team. Yet we have spent the day seemingly fading about signing a player who want 50k a week more than we want to pay him and a Spaniard who didn't want to leave his club. Seems pretty shoddy from a planning perspective.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Let's be honest, we aren't in a "shit state". We are actually in a very good state, Vlaar is still here, Delph is still here. Our defence is solid. We have a decent sized squad now. Centre midfield looks a bit thin if we get any injuries but we are in a really good position. Any new signings today would've been a bonus.

Again compared to past seasons it's quite good but compared to everyone else we've not spent a lot of money.  We're still a club who expect the manager to work with little resources.

I keep going back to it but Hull are spending 3m, plus wages, to bring in Diame on a permanent and Ben Arfa on loan. 2 players that would have improved out team. Yet we have spent the day seemingly fading about signing a player who want 50k a week more than we want to pay him and a Spaniard who didn't want to leave his club. Seems pretty shoddy from a planning perspective.

I wonder how season ticket sales are going!

Well, the summer window on the whole has been a success. We have a far stronger squad now then we did last summer. However, the lack of money spent overall is disappointing and also the lack of an attacking midfielder is incredibly disappointing and frustrating.. 

On a positive note, anyone else see that reporter getting dildo'd?

i lol'd at that

when my son asked me what i was laughing at had to say trampy lil scouse in the background fell over

That silly man has gone and painted a sausage blue! 

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.