Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm okay with how the summer transfers have gone, I wasn't expecting anything really. Sanchez should prove to be a quality signing. We have a defence that doesn't get blown over by the wind and I feel we've dodged a bullet with missing out on Cleverley, I just don't see what he would add to us. My only slight concern is letting KEA go, as I thought he was a decent squad player to have around. Feeling positive though, the current squad feels stronger and we have two good players to come back from injury. It could be a lot worse. 

• Like 2

Pretty much every club has signed quality players in all areas that they needed to. We have significantly improved the defence but at the moment it looks like we have left ourselves short in midfield.

KEA, Gardner, Sylla, Tonev, And Carruthers have all been allowed to leave but we have signed Sanchez, Richardson and Cole, with Grealish likely to be slowly introduced this season.

Quite a disappointing end to what has been a decent window.

but only 3 of those who left featured significantly last season, and they've been replaced by better players, especially with the reintegration of NZogbia and the freedom in defence to allow Bacuna to feature in midfield.

We're stronger than last season. No the improvement hasn't been vast, but we are definitely stronger.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Been looking for an attacking mid (you would assume) since before January, Nearly two windows later, and we still don't have one (I'm not counting Joe Cole). Poor show

This. We have apparently bid for Kiyotake and Canales in the last 3 windows but now seem to be left with only Cole and Grealish. Needed to be a priority signing.

Any updates on where Ayew is?

Pretty much every club has signed quality players in all areas that they needed to. We have significantly improved the defence but at the moment it looks like we have left ourselves short in midfield.

KEA, Gardner, Sylla, Tonev, And Carruthers have all been allowed to leave but we have signed Sanchez, Richardson and Cole, with Grealish likely to be slowly introduced this season.

but only 3 of those who left featured significantly last season, and they've been replaced by better players, especially with the reintegration of NZogbia and the freedom in defence to allow Bacuna to feature in midfield.

We're stronger than last season. No the improvement hasn't been vast, but we are definitely stronger.

We are stronger but then so are a lot of other teams.  This was a real chance to build on the good feeling that was starting to come back.

• Like 1

True. Still think we are a player short in midfield though.

Been looking for an attacking mid (you would assume) since before January, Nearly two windows later, and we still don't have one (I'm not counting Joe Cole). Poor show

This. We have apparently bid for Kiyotake and Canales in the last 3 windows but now seem to be left with only Cole and Grealish. Needed to be a priority signing.

Any updates on where Ayew is?

Trevor's basement.

Look many are bound to be disappointed, its natural - we see other clubs around us on deadline day signing players that we think could have improved us.

In reality we've done some tidy business, including Sanchez & Cissoko, who will definitely improve us! 

• Like 1

tbf, after we signed Sanchez I assumed that would be it and treated anything else as a bonus. 

tbf, after we signed Sanchez I assumed that would be it and treated anything else as a bonus. 

Obligatory "You can say that again" post.

Can't wait for in a couple of months when the likes of Herd and Baker are starting to see everyones reaction then.

Why on earth did we let KEA go...not the greatest...but did a reasonable job most of the time..we loose an experienced player for £800k...and no replacement.......as you say Herd is back in first team reckoning

Ah sod it, looks like thats it then. Still feels like a stronger squad to me than last season (once we have tekkers and libor back fit!)

So who can pm me a link for these jlaw photos and video? Might as well have some excitement tonight!