Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Obviously cares about much he's earning instead of coming here and trying to rebuild his career. 80k a week, bloody ridiculous.

Overall, I think it's been a solid window for us. We've bought in some decent players and our squad looks a lot stronger & even more importantly, we've kept Vlaar.

Nick Mashiter@nickmashiter 37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

Not bitter at all darling. Just think his wage demands (by all reports) are ridiculous. If Everton are going to give him £60k to £80k a week, good luck to all concerned.

60k to 80k wages on him..Lol

thank god we didn't sign

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

Not bitter at all darling. Just think his wage demands (by all reports) are ridiculous. If Everton are going to give him £60k to £80k a week, good luck to all concerned.

I doubt his wage demands are that - but most likely he didn't fancy us, and will have more suitors when he is available on a free next summer

Just a theory but was thinking that maybe Randy has done us a favour by keeping expenditure down this window as our balance sheet is supposedly going to show a £10-£15 mill profit for the last financial year before the extra tv money is accounted for. My theory is it gives the new ( if there is one ) owner the potential to splurge a huge chunk of cash on players without having to worry about FFP. I'm sure I read somewhere that we could spend near £60 million next summer and not worry. Plus with tom fox hopefully having an impact on our sponsorship deals and related business we could hopefully be in a very strong position financially to compete and get the calibre of players in we crave and deserve.

Gets tin hat on

I disagree.

That's the kindest response i can think of to a suggestion that a serious lack of spending by the owner was on purpose to help us.

Yep, now way at all is this a deliberate act to make us stronger. For Lerner it is all about penny pinching. Think we have spend the third or fourth least (or we had done so), I think only Stoke, Palace, Burnley and maybe one other had spent less this morning.

I thought after the Sanchez aquisition we'd be done for the summer, but letting KEA go meant we really thought Cleverly would join. 

Can't really blame him for going to a better team in Everton with a manager he knows and likes and with the benefit of being out of contract at the end of the season. I think he's backing himself to have a good season and bag a big contract and new club in the spring. After all he'll be 26 then and he needs to earn a lifes salary in the next 5 years. 

Edited by CVByrne

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Of course it is. He stays on his United wages for the seasons loan, then he leaves on a free and gets a massive signing on fee and higher salary. It's always about the money.

all agents are pr*cks, if they had their way, players would be moving every season just so they could get a payout

agents are the cancer of football

I'm out of likes, and the thread will be closed tomorrow, so i'm giving you good will instead.

• Like 1

I think what troubles me is we were yet again supposed to be after one or two more players, last minute deals that yet again haven't come off.

the excitement of having 8 mil to spend on a player now jazzed firmly up the wall.

I appreciate the fact that our signings so far have not been bad and things are looking up, but i am a bit fed up of every club apart from us managing to make deadline day signings.

Plus the fact having let so many players go on loan and selling KEA, our squad really is pretty thin.

Edited by VillanousOne

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

I think overall we have had a good transfer window and made some good signing seeing as we haven't spent much. The most important thing in the window was keeping our captain Vlaar which imo was the most important thing overall. Hopefully now we can get Delph,Grealish and Vlaar's contracts sorted now and have a good season.

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

Sorry Mr Cleverley senior!!

• Like 1