Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

3 games into last season we had started strongly 

No we didn't.

Correct. Performances were promising but did not get the results last year.

We got 3 points.  If we'd played the exact same way and got a draw in each game would you have said we started poorly?

Sky Sports understands Crystal Palace have rejected three offers from clubs looking to sign Barry Bannan on loan with Neil Warnock unwilling to let the player leave.

We have to be one of those clubs

Or all 3

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

In what other walk of life could you leave your job, having underachieved and are universally known for doing so, and demand more than double the wage you were on?

Additionally I have no idea how much you earn but £30k a year is decent money let alone a week, absolutely no excuse for the greedy feck imo.

I'm pretty sure I'd call a Premier League footballer close to the pinnacle of his job than almost everyone else in his field. 

Also he is an experienced Premier League footballer now who was on a low wage at United in comparison to almost everyone else in the squad. He was up front about his wage demands to Villa, he wants X to join Villa (there's no way it's £80k per week not in a million years, bitter Villa fans making that up I'm 100% sure). Otherwise he'd prefer a loan and to see out the final year of his contract when

A ) His options will be improved as there is no transfer fee

B )His wage demands have a much higher chance of being accepted, and/or a nice signing on fee.

Personally, if I was Cleverly joining  club on Loan would be the better option. 

Edited by CVByrne

Sky Sports understands Crystal Palace have rejected three offers from clubs looking to sign Barry Bannan on loan with Neil Warnock unwilling to let the player leave.

We have to be one of those clubs

Or all 3

Us ,  Hull and Everton.  We're buggered