Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

i agree..no f'cker can survive on 40k a week
  • Like 3

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

In what other walk of life could you leave your job, having underachieved and are universally known for doing so, and demand more than double the wage you were on?

Additionally I have no idea how much you earn but £30k a year is decent money let alone a week, absolutely no excuse for the greedy feck imo.

• Like 1

you cant compare footballers with the general public when it comes to wages and i hate it when people do

cleverley is making a decision that means he'll be filthy **** rich rather than just filthy rich

all agents are pr*cks, if they had their way, players would be moving every season just so they could get a payout

agents are the cancer of football

Parasites would be a more appropriate term for them. It is infuriating when you hear them make comments about football clubs, seriously what the **** have agents done for the game? Other than add more greed and increase their own wealth. 

Has the Ayew link gone quiet? Last I heard it was us and Redknapp Rangers still in the running, or did I miss something?

21:14

Andre Ayew still in London for talks with QPRtwitter.png

QPR continue to negotiate to sign Marseille's Andre Ayew. No deal has been reached yet, and there is one other unnamed Premier League side in the running according to RMC.

• Like 2

I agree with this.

It's tough out there and you can't support a family on anything less than £60K a week.

• Like 3

you cant compare footballers with the general public when it comes to wages and i hate it when people do

cleverley is making a decision that means he'll be filthy **** rich rather than just filthy rich

I think he is (or rather his agent is) making decisions that are pricing him out of a good move to Villa or Everton because I'm sure they won't pay it either.

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

Not bitter at all darling. Just think his wage demands (by all reports) are ridiculous. If Everton are going to give him £60k to £80k a week, good luck to all concerned.

Ha sorry I read that originally as Nick Mashiter writing it in his tweet. Thought it was very unprofessional of a journalist to call him a greedy word removed. Not so bothered about a fan saying it, though I still understand if Cleverley just didn't fancy us.

• Like 1

Has the Ayew link gone quiet? Last I heard it was us and Redknapp Rangers still in the running, or did I miss something?

21:14  Andre Ayew still in London for talks with QPRtwitter.png

QPR continue to negotiate to sign Marseille's Andre Ayew. No deal has been reached yet, and there is one other unnamed Premier League side in the running according to RMC.

Cheers. Could be us if Hull are in for Ben Arfa. Doubt we can compete with wages but this is pretty much all I want from this transfer window.

I'm glad we already played Hull..

Ramirez and Ben Arfa great loan deals.

I'm happy we lost no one today. Would have been good to bring one or two in, but keeping Vlaar, Delph, Benteke.. far more important than Cleverley or Canales.

• Like 1

you cant compare footballers with the general public when it comes to wages and i hate it when people docleverley is making a decision that means he'll be filthy **** rich rather than just filthy rich
I think he is (or rather his agent is) making decisions that are pricing him out of a good move to Villa or Everton because I'm sure they won't pay it either.

Forget the numbers..which probably aren't correct. Bottom line is he thinks he can better deal elsewhere.. .given our last few seasons you can see where he is coming from...

you cant compare footballers with the general public when it comes to wages and i hate it when people docleverley is making a decision that means he'll be filthy **** rich rather than just filthy rich
Forget the numbers..which probably aren't correct. Bottom line is he thinks he can better deal elsewhere.. .given our last few seasons you can see where he is coming from...
Behave we are 3rd [emoji4]

Agree with this, it will be more about his agent than Cleverley. His agent wont let him go for a lesser, or even equal wage. I mean the only reason Falco 's agent has let him go to Man Ure is cause of the wage. £345k a week rumour has it!!