Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

Not bitter at all darling. Just think his wage demands (by all reports) are ridiculous. If Everton are going to give him £60k to £80k a week, good luck to all concerned.

Ha sorry I read that originally as Nick Mashiter writing it in his tweet. Thought it was very unprofessional of a journalist to call him a greedy word removed. Not so bothered about a fan saying it, though I still understand if Cleverley just didn't fancy us.

Fair dos. How 'bout a hug?

tumblr_n0x4phwz9I1tsmjlro1_500.gif

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

I don't get this view he only has 7 years left to earn money and hats it. At 32 or 33 I think he's got a fair few years of earning left in him, just not as a footballer (like the rest of us). He can get another job. He's hardly going to be on the breadline unless he pisses his football wages and image rights earnings up the wall.

Forget the numbers..which probably aren't correct. Bottom line is he thinks he can better deal elsewhere.. .given our last few seasons you can see where he is coming from...

I'm pretty sure if that was the case then he'd have put that out there clearly. No player wants to look like a money-grabber.

I wonder what will happen next summer, lambert, vlaar, Delph, Bent etc will be out of contract. An owner willing only to spend the minimum ammount possible whilst he him self is looking for a way out. No interested buyers as far as we know. A general lack of ambition that doesnt really make us look like a club that will attract quality players. Think we will have a hard time keeping our good players next summer.

By the looks of it we will probably do alright this year, midtable somewhere, but im fearing that we will have to do some rebuilding again next summer

I'm sorry but Money matters a HUGE amount to every person in this country so why shouldn't it matter to a footballer? Especially when he wasn't getting a fortune at United. He has another 7 years of earning potential for the rest of his life, his next contract is the most important one he'll sign in his life. He should do what he feels best for himself, stop giving him stick for making decisions in the best interest of himself and his family.

Firstly, he most definitely is 'getting a fortune', he earns far more than the average UK annual salary every single week, and that's before his bonuses. Secondly, he has more than 7 years of earning potential, there's nothing to actually stop him from getting a job when he retires from playing. 

• Like 3

3 games into last season we had started strongly 

No we didn't.

We kind of did - we may only have got 3 points, but it was only the first half of the Liverpool game in which we actually played poorly. It was after that game that things started to go downhill. 

EDIT - what DC Jonah said. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Cleverly not coming - asking for 80k apparently

Stevo has a girlfriend.

Is she that lad with the long throw, who used to play for Stoke?

Edited by dAVe80