Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

That Swedish guy Kacaniklic who dived to win a peno against us is gone on loan to Copenhagen from Fulham.  He would of been an ok pick up imo although it looks like we were never after a winger and were just trying to get a midfielder in.

Edited by Bunnski

Heard Cleverley's agent on Talksport earlier; sounded like a right knob. Didn't go as far as to name us but said as a 'middle of the road' club we should be doing something more to lure him. Obviously wants mega wages when first team football should be more important.

• Like 1

Sure, we're all disappointed but you the player to want to play for Aston Villa, whether it's 20k, 30k, 40k, 60k, or 80k. If money is the only motivator, he's probably not going to flourish anyway

Just a theory but was thinking that maybe Randy has done us a favour by keeping expenditure down this window as our balance sheet is supposedly going to show a £10-£15 mill profit for the last financial year before the extra tv money is accounted for. My theory is it gives the new ( if there is one ) owner the potential to splurge a huge chunk of cash on players without having to worry about FFP. I'm sure I read somewhere that we could spend near £60 million next summer and not worry. Plus with tom fox hopefully having an impact on our sponsorship deals and related business we could hopefully be in a very strong position financially to compete and get the calibre of players in we crave and deserve.

Gets tin hat on

Heard Cleverley's agent on Talksport earlier; sounded like a right knob. Didn't go as far as to name us but said as a 'middle of the road' club we should be doing something more to lure him. Obviously wants mega wages when first team football should be more important.

Sounds like a proper prick.

I'd have liked him at a sensible (for football) price but if he's tried to take the piss out of us he can jog on.

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

3rd in the league B)

Oh and that second sentence has been added in.

Ah well, no more signings this window. I'm still very happy with the business we did this summer. 5 signings and Hutton & N'Zogbia back in the fold and doing well. Okore back too soon so no more Baker or Clarke hopefully. 

• Like 1

Just a theory but was thinking that maybe Randy has done us a favour by keeping expenditure down this window as our balance sheet is supposedly going to show a £10-£15 mill profit for the last financial year before the extra tv money is accounted for. My theory is it gives the new ( if there is one ) owner the potential to splurge a huge chunk of cash on players without having to worry about FFP. I'm sure I read somewhere that we could spend near £60 million next summer and not worry. Plus with tom fox hopefully having an impact on our sponsorship deals and related business we could hopefully be in a very strong position financially to compete and get the calibre of players in we crave and deserve.

Gets tin hat on

I disagree.

That's the kindest response i can think of to a suggestion that a serious lack of spending by the owner was on purpose to help us.

• Like 1

Nick Mashiter ‏@nickmashiter  37s

Cleverley putting a lot of eggs in his Everton basket it seems, was not prepared to lower demands and it was #avfc who walked away

I can't blame anyone at the club for this. I hope Everton don't come in for him, and the greedy word removed rots in the Manure reserves.

FFS how bitter is that? Calling him a greedy word removed just because he didn't want to come here. I doubt he would choose Everton purely for money.

Not bitter at all darling. Just think his wage demands (by all reports) are ridiculous. If Everton are going to give him £60k to £80k a week, good luck to all concerned.

Edited by dAVe80

Seeing as he's a middle of the road midfielder I'm glad we aren't bowing to his demands.

• Like 3

Seeing as he's a middle of the road midfielder I'm glad we aren't bowing to his demands.

Oh, but he's played a few games for Manchester United!