The Boring Thread

Spoony

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’m sure the colour peach was a much bigger deal when I was at primary school.

I definitely haven’t said indigo as much in adult life as I was prepared for either, but it has cropped up occasionally. I haven’t heard anyone call a colour peach in 25 years. I’m sure I was taught it was as popular as purple or brown.

Violet has had a raw deal as well. Got itself on the rainbow and now hardly mentioned. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Paddywhack said:

You’re right! I haven’t thought about her in ages.

I think she was a female rabbit in Watership Down! 

14 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The most “indigo” ever gets mentioned in one’s life is in the early teen years and you and your mates are discussing what your band name could be.

My missus used to work with a bloke who insisted that the Harrison Ford movie character was called 'Indigo Jones'. He was amazed when proven wrong. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My missus used to work with a bloke who insisted that the Harrison Ford movie character was called 'Indigo Jones'. He was amazed when proven wrong. 

The internet has ruined a lot of peoples lives 

On 12/01/2021 at 12:05, mjmooney said:

What an idiot! Everyone knows that Indigo Jones was the architect of Banqueting House.

• Like 1

This is verging on being off-topic but I just learned that there is a tennis player named Tennys Sandgren, born and raised in Tennessee and played tennis at Tennessee university. His parents met at a tennis club.

He’s named after his Swedish great-grandfather, Tennys, not the sport of tennis.

He also appears to be a bit of a dick head.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What an idiot! Everyone knows that Indigo Jones was the architect of Banqueting House.

Pretty sure that the Inigo Jones thing was what triggered the misunderstanding. 

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I write the BBE date on the top of tins with thick marker pen so they stand out.  Doesn't everyone?

My missus fancied a snack the other day, and opened some tinned strawberries. Use by June 2014. She did say they tasted a bit weird, but she's still alive. 

On 12/01/2021 at 12:05, mjmooney said:

My married married a girl who thought dragons were just extinct, you know, like the dinosaurs.

I stole a milk float when I was a kid.

The milky got out of it, and I just thought, ooh I’ll have a go in that. Jumped in and drove off having never driven anything before. Just a steering wheel and a stop go pedal, very easy to instantly master.

Got to the end of the street and drove it through someone’s garden wall. They’re like all fibre glass and windscreen so taking it through a wall completely totalled it.

We had to make our own fun back in the day.

• Like 1

Â