The Boring Thread

Spoony

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Sitting in the corner whilst simultaneously crying and masturbating with ‘Where ever I lay my hat that’s my home’ playing in the background on auto loop, 

Sorry wrong thread 

Are you watching me?

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Consistently throughout the day? Think I'd be the same. 

My work does bore me sometimes but i've not nodded off during a working hours. Yet. 

On 09/07/2020 at 10:37, Follyfoot said:

Sitting in the corner whilst simultaneously crying and masturbating with ‘Where ever I lay my hat that’s my home’ playing in the background on auto loop, 

That song has an interesting story that inspired the lyrics.

Paul Young gave up one of his eyes to give his blind girlfriend sight. 

Let me explain........  

“I’m the kind of guy who gives a girl the eye. Everbody knows”.  Clear evidence of eye donation. 

“By the look in your eye I can tell you’re going to cry”.  Clear evidence of  his now one eyed girlfriend. 

Fact. 

25 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That song has an interesting story that inspired the lyrics.

Paul Young gave up one of his eyes to give his blind girlfriend sight. 

Let me explain........  

“I’m the kind of guy who gives a girl the eye. Everbody knows”.  Clear evidence of eye donation. 

“By the look in your eye I can tell you’re going to cry”.  Clear evidence of  his now one eyed girlfriend. 

Fact. 

Indeed, and confirmed by his follow-up hit: "Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you". 

• Like 2

On 09/07/2020 at 00:45, mjmooney said:

We're thinking of replacing our shed. Well, the wife refers to it as a 'summer house'. I call it a shed. 

You should keep it and get a second shed to write music in.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the tyres on my car the other day, I noticed that they are from four different manufacturers in four different countries: Bridgestone (Japan), Kumho (Korea), Chengshan (China) and Davanti (UK). The Kumho tyre appears to have a slow puncture.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looking at the tyres on my car the other day, I noticed that they are from four different manufacturers in four different countries: Bridgestone (Japan), Kumho (Korea), Chengshan (China) and Davanti (UK). The Kumho tyre appears to have a slow puncture.

That's not really a safe arrangement. Different tread patterns, different compounds and a slow puncture - if you have to slam on the brakes there's a serious risk of different tyres gripping differently leading to loss of control of the car. If you can, you should rectify the situation asap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's not really a safe arrangement. Different tread patterns, different compounds and a slow puncture - if you have to slam on the brakes there's a serious risk of different tyres gripping differently leading to loss of control of the car. If you can, you should rectify the situation asap.

It’s a bit like mixing cross plys with radials which was hammered into me as a child

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, have booked it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s a bit like mixing cross plys with radials which was hammered into me as a child

Not as bad as that, but yeah, not good practice. 

Â