The Boring Thread

Spoony

Will put here due to the relatively trivial nature.

A recent observation re covid - you know when you go for a piss, particularly at a urinal and for whatever reason you decide to spit at the same time. Nope can’t do it now, wearing a mask. Those halcyon days are over.

What is the need to spit?

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life spat in the street or in to a urinal.

Do some people have some sort of condition? Do they generate more spit than they can swallow? Or is it just a spitting habit? Or something I haven’t thought of?

Genuinely curious as I’ve never done it so my default is that there’s no need.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What is the need to spit?

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life spat in the street or in to a urinal.

Do some people have some sort of condition? Do they generate more spit than they can swallow? Or is it just a spitting habit? Or something I haven’t thought of?

Genuinely curious as I’ve never done it so my default is that there’s no need.

I don’t spit in the street, just to clarify. Although I suppose when I’m running I might, but only when I’m in a more rural setting, away from where people will see it, country lanes, by hedges/foliage. I definitely work up more saliva when running.

Can’t explain why I’m inclined to spit when standing at a urinal. Maybe wearing a mask will put a permanent  stop to it. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I spent all day tidying the garage. 

I was gonna paint the kitchen. So obviously I didn't. Instead I got an off-cut of the new carpet that was fitted upstairs, made it rectangular, put it under the table thing the stereo sits on, after taking that apart and cleaning and polishing it and putting everything back, then sat down and did VT while listening to to music.

IMG_1783.jpeg

• Like 3

On 01/10/2020 at 01:48, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t spit in the street, just to clarify. Although I suppose when I’m running I might, but only when I’m in a more rural setting, away from where people will see it, country lanes, by hedges/foliage. I definitely work up more saliva when running.

Can’t explain why I’m inclined to spit when standing at a urinal. Maybe wearing a mask will put a permanent  stop to it. 

You can still spit with a mask on.It just means that the spit wont go in the urinal.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose partly inspired by the counting to 1000 thread, but just noticed I’m on 6,789 likes which is the last time my count will be in sequence like that unless I reach 8,910.

Then it’ll be an even longer wait before the pleasing visual of 12,345.

Unless people decide to remove enough likes to drop me back to 5,678 of course.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I suppose partly inspired by the counting to 1000 thread, but just noticed I’m on 6,789 likes which is the last time my count will be in sequence like that unless I reach 8,910.

Then it’ll be an even longer wait before the pleasing visual of 12,345.

Unless people decide to remove enough likes to drop me back to 5,678 of course.

That's not boring. Have a like... 

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 20/10/2020 at 18:44, blandy said:

I was gonna paint the kitchen. So obviously I didn't. Instead I got an off-cut of the new carpet that was fitted upstairs, made it rectangular, put it under the table thing the stereo sits on, after taking that apart and cleaning and polishing it and putting everything back, then sat down and did VT while listening to to music.

IMG_1783.jpeg

Did you know that most carpet places will stitch a nice edge onto an off cut of carpet to make it like a rug, not expensive either.

CC3-C4-D97-F35-A-4832-ADBC-8-C954-E93-D6

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2020 at 18:22, mjmooney said:

I know you're all dying to see a 'before and after' on the shed --> summer house project: 

CollageMaker_20201024_141718905.jpg

Nice job, Mike. You went from Willie Wonka to William Shakespeare.

New tiling and fence as well, nice one.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Nice job, Mike. You went from Willie Wonka to William Shakespeare.

New tiling and fence as well, nice one.

Dusting of snow on it this morning. 

IMG_20201204_110414.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 18:48, Mark Albrighton said:

I always assumed the spit  was a delaying tactic for men who can’t go if someone is at the urinal next to them ... if timed correctly the spit buys you time whilst the person near you completes the shake and puts it away... 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m sure the colour peach was a much bigger deal when I was at primary school.

I definitely haven’t said indigo as much in adult life as I was prepared for either, but it has cropped up occasionally. I haven’t heard anyone call a colour peach in 25 years. I’m sure I was taught it was as popular as purple or brown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â