André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Green played good today i think, caused alot of problems for Norwich..

Is funny that people only seem to remember the bad parts of Greene's game. What About his crosses, he did well swinging them in and made alot of them, just no one on the end of them and I would put that down to player positioning and defence because they were very good crosses. Green also made many runs where he did beat his man, even the pundits were saying some very encouraging words on his behalf. 

I just don't think he was as bad as some make out he was.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I particularly liked the bit where 3 players pressed him and he emerged with the ball. Gave as good as he got from the young player of the season for me. Gave him enough to think about. he did ok.

Thought he did some good things today, especially in the 2nd half. At one point he got to the byline and cut the ball back, along the ground towards the penalty spot but nobody got on the end of it.

• Like 1

Yet again left feeling meh.

Will do something that makes you think 'ok that was good' but then instantly does something poor and then ruins the thing he did good.

When you are on the wings in this team you get lots of the ball and lots of chances to create chances or cause problems.

Green seems to 90% think safety first even when on the attack.

Gone is his preseason form and confidence to attack direct and instead he seems scared to make a mistake and possibly lose his place in the team.

No one minds an attacker trying to attack if they don't waste most of the possession or make consistently bad decisions.

Needs to trust the talent he has and do more going forwards. 

Stop making me feel meh

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Gone is his preseason form and confidence to attack direct and instead he seems scared to make a mistake and possibly lose his place in the team.

We don't help when the first cross he puts in that doesn't hit our man is met with 20,000 groans.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We don't help when the first cross he puts in that doesn't hit our man is met with 20,000 groans.

He needs to make sure it hits our man then.....its hard to get 20,000 fans to curb their disappointment.....much easier to hit your man.😀

Its very hard to be good at everything.........But if you are a winger, you need to be able to cross the ball, with some sort of accuracy and some sort of consistency.....Hitting the first defender, i would of thought is a pretty easy thing to eradicate.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I had high hopes for Andre Green, not too long ago he was linked to Arsenal and he played without fear.

He plays with a lot of fear during offensive moves. For me Adomah starts ahead of him because Adomah is ruthless to an extent.

Adomah doesn’t always try to cut inside he mixes it up in the final third.

For me as a winger you want to absolutely destroy the full back with skill, pace and unpredictability. Andre does not display this which is disappointing because before his injuries he was aggressive in attack.

27 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I had high hopes for Andre Green, not too long ago he was linked to Arsenal and he played without fear.

He plays with a lot of fear during offensive moves. For me Adomah starts ahead of him because Adomah is ruthless to an extent.

For me as a winger you want to absolutely destroy the full back with skill, pace and unpredictability. Andre does not display this which is disappointing because before his injuries he was aggressive in attack.

The really frustrating thing is that he has all those attributes, I’m sure of it!

Pace, skill and therefore an element of unpredictability.

Bruce and others have stated it about us, it’s not just about having ability but being able to cope with the pressure of playing for Aston Villa and i feel for Green as he strikes me as someone who genuinely cares for the club.

Im desperate for him to come good, I just fear he’ll be another to carve a decent-to-good career for himself elsewhere and out of the spotlight.

He's improving with every game. There's confidence creeping into his stride now.  Am I the only one who's noticing a clear development over the, say, 10 last games? He's skipped past plenty of players the last two games, seems to create a lot of dangerous situations. Or am I seeing something that's not there? 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

He's improving with every game. There's confidence creeping into his stride now.  Am I the only one who's noticing a clear development over the, say, 10 last games? He's skipped past plenty of players the last two games, seems to create a lot of dangerous situations. Or am I seeing something that's not there? 

I hope you're seeing something I'm missing.

I think he's got everything physically, nothing mentally and enough technically for where we are atm.

I think he needs to score early in a game, then go on to have a brilliant match and it could turn him round and he'll realise how good he is. He's terrified constantly right now. Doesn't want to take his man on, first thought every time is easy ball backwards or inside.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

His job is to cross the ball - people aren’t gunna clap or get excited when he whacks it out of play, scuttles one along the floor and fails to beat first man. People are gunna groan when there are basic crosses he messes up

14 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Personally, I wouldn't put Adomah and ruthless in the same sentence.....if anything I would describe him as tentative.

I get the Andre Green bit, I think his ball control puts doubt in his mind.....He loses the ball too easy and sadly he plays like he knows it.

Your last line is spot on for a winger.....we need one like that, next season.

13 hours ago, Skruff said:

Looked well involved in whatever happend forward today. Gave us more attacking impetus together with Hourihane. Deserves a bump today. 

Yephim coming on meant that the defence dropped a bit further back as they were worried of his pace behind. That alone helped give the team a little more space in midfield.

I like him, but poor final delivery a bit too often. Prefer him to Adomah at the moment. 

Oh and I wish he could have a bit more confidence on the ball. He seems terrified of getting caught out and losing possession. Which is fair enough, but I hope he gets more confident with it with more first team minutes. 

On 07/05/2019 at 19:21, Reivax_Villa said:

I didn't think he was great but I thought he was 10 times better than Adomah.  Which is the way its been pretty much everytime he's replaced him.

He brought more energy and gave the defenders more to think about. 

Going forward adomah chips in with the odd goal - adomah also does a lot of work defensivley.

Wide play/delivery/final ball is poor from both -hopefully Green can improve over time.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I didn't think he was great but I thought he was 10 times better than Adomah.  Which is the way its been pretty much everytime he's replaced him.

He brought more energy and gave the defenders more to think about. 

He does.

Â