André Green

sir_gary_cahill

It's a shame to hear he had a bad game. Thought he have made some very promising appearances after he came back from loan. Coupled with a few bad ones. Seems like he's a confidence player. A young player having a bad performance in a game such as today, is no reason to write him off just yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I would consider playing Elmo at right mid with either Tuanzebe, or Hutton right back.

Said it loads. If it's Leeds we play in the final, we must get somebody running at Dallas. We can nail them there. He's not a natural left full so run at him. For that game specifically El Ghazi wide right, Adomah on the left. Not working, switch sides. Still not working, Kodj on. Bolasie would of actually being ideal wide right if we play them.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

There was one very sad moment where he actually went on quite a nice little run at their defence, and for a moment - not long, but more than a split second - the defence parted and a decent shooting opportunity was right there. He got his body round the ball, turned right around and played a short backwards pass to Elmo or someone. 

Just a small moment, but it struck a chord because I think he needs to be *a lot* more ruthless to succeed, even at this level. 

Still think Albert will start at Wembley - Smith seems to like to keep the shape consistent. Its close call but Albert just shades it , (for all his faults Albert came close to winning it for us tonight )- Green can come on as the pacy impact sub.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Still think Albert will start at Wembley - Smith seems to like to keep the shape consistent. Its close call but Albert just shades it , (for all his faults Albert came close to winning it for us tonight )- Green can come on as the pacy impact sub.

It's a really weak area for us but Adomah is just a bit more competent than Green from the start so yes, have to start with Adomah.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a really weak area for us but Adomah is just a bit more competent than Green from the start so yes, have to start with Adomah.

That's an under statement IMO...Its crying out for surgery in the summer.

Edited by TRO

Won't make it at any level, worst player I've ever seen come through our ranks and it's not reactionary to tonight, I'm just infuriated we played him in a such a massive game when he hasn't shown any capability to play on the big occasion.

Edited by villanmac

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Won't make it at any level, worst player I've ever seen come through our ranks and it's not reactionary to tonight, I'm just infuriated we played him in a Tue like that.

I think you are entitled to be vexed......woeful.

Just now, villanmac said:

Won't make it at any level, worst player I've ever seen come through our ranks. 

Ridiculous comment borne out of emotion rather than logic. Was in the pompey team, got injured and got back in it again . Think that's probably his level. He'll make it at a certain grade.

Very bad footballer.

To see how far behind Callum Robinson he is who we sold three years ago is upsetting.

Needs to go out on loan next year no matter what happens.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Do you think so.....I thought his penalty performance was predictable and I thought the chance that fell to him was tentative and predictable.....He has the heart of a butterfly.

******* woeful......like a fart in a cullinder.

sooner play with 10 men

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ridiculous comment borne out of emotion rather than logic. Was in the pompey team, got injured and got back in it again . Think that's probably his level. He'll make it at a certain grade.

Honestly don't think he's that level mate. Sure enough he was in and out of the Pompey team but he's in and out of ours and he sure as fk ain't champ level so that means little when assessing ability. His movement is awful, it's not even pro like, that's without getting onto his ability when he gets on the ball. 

As for starting him in a derby like that..its clear as day he hasn't got the mentality..

Edited by villanmac

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Honestly don't think he's that level mate. Sure enough he was in and out of the Pompey team but he's in and out of ours and he sure as fk ain't champ level so that means little when assessing ability. His movement is awful, it's not even pro like, that's without getting onto his ability when he gets on the ball. 

As for starting him in a derby like that...

Definetely don't think he can start at Wembley. Way too much for him. But then Albert is pretty useless too. El Ghazi on the right and Kodj wide left ? Does Kodj work hard enough against a Leeds team who's bread and butter is workrate.

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd start Kodjia.

I get the concerns but I want Leeds not just to think mark Jack out of the game and nulify our game, give them more attacking options to worry about especially as it seems they have injuries at full back.

Fed up of us playing safety first teams in major finals and then everyone wonders afterwards why we can barely get a shot on target in the game.

Sherwood rolled the dice v Liverpool and it paid off beautifully. He then went safety first v Arsenal and we were outplayed from kick off. Less said about our approach to the Fulham game the better.

We're more likely to be on the front foot v Leeds with Kodjia starting.

• Like 4

Â