André Green

sir_gary_cahill

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

One thing going for him is he would destroy Ashley Cole for pace. Doesn't have to do any nice skill, just knock the ball and run. 

The kid has talent but I think mentally he struggles with the pressure. 

Just posted similar in the pre-match thread. Gabby made a career from being good at running. Green would do well coming on at anytime. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

One thing going for him is he would destroy Ashley Cole for pace. Doesn't have to do any nice skill, just knock the ball and run. 

The kid has talent but I think mentally he struggles with the pressure. 

I've not seen Cashley recently but if he isn't going to be much threat going forwards then I probably would go with Kodjia if he isn't going to need to track back much.

57 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Somebody please tell me what he's good at because I got nothin'. In what way is he talented?

Coming inside, linking up and getting into goalscoring positions is his best trait.

He stank the place out against WBA, he really do, and amongst other things it will be a question mark against his character, but he isn't a right winger. Never will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has to start for me, he has the legs to take on Cole, I would not be starting Kodjia and all of a sudden expect him to do the appropriate defensive work. I think Green has started most of the games in our 10 winning streak so let's not mess with that system. 

I’d have him off the bench after 60 minutes like the first leg. It also worked against SHA away and others throughout the year. His pace will be a nightmare for Cole. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, supermon said:

He has to start for me, he has the legs to take on Cole, I would not be starting Kodjia and all of a sudden expect him to do the appropriate defensive work. I think Green has started most of the games in our 10 winning streak so let's not mess with that system. 

He has the legs but not the balls.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roscoe said:

I’d have him off the bench after 60 minutes like the first leg. It also worked against SHA away and others throughout the year. His pace will be a nightmare for Cole. 

How much pcae will Cole have lost? He wasnt a slouch and appears to have lokked after himself, that said if Green can use his pace he could come up trumps - Gabby used to cause Cole loads of problems even when he was in his prime.... actuallly.... Let's just bring Gabby back for the final 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, commander said:

How much pcae will Cole have lost? He wasnt a slouch and appears to have lokked after himself, that said if Green can use his pace he could come up trumps - Gabby used to cause Cole loads of problems even when he was in his prime.... actuallly.... Let's just bring Gabby back for the final 😉

I’m pretty sure an ageing Albert Adomah tore him to shreds first half at home this year and he was subbed off at half time by Lampard...🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

And how good were they when they were 20 years old?

Some of the comments are very OTT on him, he has played well in patches but just had a few bad games. Wingers tend to do that and especially young players also. Worth pointing out that he spent his entire youth level football on the left wing and he's being asked to play on the right so having to adjust to a new position as well.

Its just a shame we are going into the final with 2 completely out of form wingers, for that reason I would start Kodjia who incidentally has been in great form over the last month.

How good was ....Andy Gray,Trevor Francis, Brian Little,Gary Shaw......These guys was tearing it up at 18 & 19 never mind 20.

too many excuses......I want him to do well, but what he is showing, is well below acceptable.

He's got 2 years to show his worth.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Coming inside, linking up and getting into goalscoring positions is his best trait.

He stank the place out against WBA, he really do, and amongst other things it will be a question mark against his character, but he isn't a right winger. Never will be.

I don't think he is.

Big pitch at Wembley - he could cause havoc coming on at 60 minutes. Somehow we have to coach something into a player who has the one thing that can't be coached - pace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Big pitch at Wembley - he could cause havoc coming on at 60 minutes. Somehow we have to coach something into a player who has the one thing that can't be coached - pace.

Isn't actually that much bigger is it?! Just something that has been said for years... I think it is more the occasion that is big and emotionally it can affect players more.

Anyway back to Green, definitely a non-starter for me.

3 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Isn't actually that much bigger is it?! Just something that has been said for years... I think it is more the occasion that is big and emotionally it can affect players more.

Anyway back to Green, definitely a non-starter for me.

Fair point. I was going with the stereotypical answer. I think it is slightly wider than the average pitch in the league; not much compared to Villa Park. No idea on the Hawthorns - they probably have a really big pitch as otherwise they would have to put in more seats which they can't sell unless we're in town!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, commander said:

He was getting run ragged in the MLS.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

How good was ....Andy Gray,Trevor Francis, Brian Little,Gary Shaw......These guys was tearing it up at 18 & 19 never mind 20.

too many excuses......I want him to do well, but what he is showing, is well below acceptable.

Well they had nothing on Pele, Maradona or Johan Cryuff 

Cant believe you just compared Green to some of the best players from the 70s! I would argue no one in our squad will ever be as good as those 4 names were, so I really dont understand your point

39 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Well they had nothing on Pele, Maradona or Johan Cryuff 

Cant believe you just compared Green to some of the best players from the 70s! I would argue no one in our squad will ever be as good as those 4 names were, so I really dont understand your point

Can't believe you are narrow minded enough to see it that way, you used his age to defend him against poor performance....what should we set the bar by Nigel Callaghan?...because he will end up that way, if we are not careful.

your second line, Jack Is in that company IMO....but under Dean, I think we will get players in to challenge that quality, so I don't get that defeatism.

My point is.....if you set the bar low, we will always be in this division.....you have to aspire.....Its not a case of criticism, its more a case of observation and pursuing perfection, why do you think the top teams are where they are, they never settle for satisfaction they strive, strive and strive.

and my other point is Age is not always a get out of jail card......plenty of young players show it early....they were just a random sample of many.....Mason Mount is only 20, Tammy something similar, some difference in terms of intensity and urgency, don't you think?

Andre Can do better than what he is giving us.....that's my point.....and incidentally, no one wants him to do the business more than me......but telling him that its all ok, when its not, is as bad as slagging him off.......he needs to drive himself to better things.

He looks to me like he wants some one on one coaching, like Jack had with Ollie Stevenson.....Andre Green should have players pooing themselves,facing him.... If he can just beat a man and cross a ball with some quality, he would be half way there., and then build on it, by perfecting technique.

He maybe already doing it, but it looks like he needs to work,work,work on his game.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I would be extremely surprised if he is still here in 2 years.

Like most wide men he is very inconsistent - but when push comes to shove I don't think he is good enough - I would love for him to prove us doubters wrong and I wish him well.

Â