André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 27/06/2020 at 09:30, DCJonah said:

Quite stunned at how he dramatically regressed. 

Really strange. 

Was a bad injury in 2017 when he was starting to see more regular starts. Never really recovered. 

Still had some good Villa moments promotion obviously, the equaliser vs Sheffield United and he made an underrated cross through work rate for a goal vs Sheffield Wednesday last season 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was a bad injury in 2017 when he was starting to see more regular starts. Never really recovered. 

Still had some good Villa moments promotion obviously, the equaliser vs Sheffield United and he made an underrated cross through work rate for a goal vs Sheffield Wednesday last season 

His goal against Norwich also stands out in my mind 

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

His goal against Norwich also stands out in my mind 

The sad thing is, moments in a game do not define the player.

The scorer of great goals, is not necessarily a great goalscorer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Charlton have been placed under a transfer embargo meaning they can't offer contracts to senior players, meaning as it stands they won't be able to sign Green once his loan ends.

I didn't realise he has been let go. It's a bit sad as for  brief period I had high hopes for the lad. Scored a screamer versus Norwich. Unfortunately he appeared to regress and never really cemented his position as a first team starter. I think the writing was on the wall when he was selected ahead of Admoah  in the play off semii final and was very poor in a big high pressure game.  And then in the play off final he was dropped. Albert was struggling at the  time  and he couldn't even replace him even with a coach who likes promoting yoof.

Hope he gets a club for next season.

Edited by The Fun Factory

• 2 months later...

I guess literally no one is investing in new players at the level he's likely to be at. 

Not a good time to be an out of work footballer. 

I was thinking this the other day. I bet there are loads of out of contract lower league players who will find it very very difficult to get a new contract right now. 

• Like 1

Â