André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Guess hardly playing at Preston and not making much of an impact at Charlton have stopped any championship club offering him a deal.

That said Jordan Ibe has done nothing for years and got into trouble off the pitch and Derby have still picked him up.

Andre will probably end up somewhere in league 1.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Guess hardly playing at Preston and not making much of an impact at Charlton have stopped any championship club offering him a deal.

That said Jordan Ibe has done nothing for years and got into trouble off the pitch and Derby have still picked him up.

Andre will probably end up somewhere in league 1.

I thought he would have made it........shows what i know about scouting.

He's reportedly been in talks with QPR, don't think him not having a club yet is a comment on how he's viewed, I just I think a lot of teams are leaving it as late as possible to sign players to save money on wages. If he can stay fit I expect he will do well.

Edited by useless

Was just looking around to see if he'd sign anyone today and saw headline that said Sheff Weds are pitching a bid for him.

Would we actually get some money for him given he's under 23 still or does it only go to tribunial if you offer player a new deal and he still leaves.

I'm glad we let him go, he wasn't good enough for us even in the Championship. I'm surprised he's still a free agent though. I expect he'll be playing non league in a couple of years. He was better than that.

I think corona has stopped him getting a club, he would easily get a Championship/League 1 team. He was playing well at Charlton near the end of last season

He will always have a famous place in Villa history, that goal vs Sheffield United put belief back into the team and started the promotion push

• Like 2

On 06/10/2020 at 13:26, DCJonah said:

Genuinely amazed at his downfall. 

It was obvious early on, he wasn't going to live up to the original hype, but to be without a club at this stage in his career is terrible.

Quite frankly, it was a big surprise to me.....I expected him to turn out like Ollie Watkins.....I always felt he was better suited to the centre than the flank.

I guess, we all get some wrong.

I am genuinely sad for the kid, i do hope his fortunes can turn around.

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think corona has stopped him getting a club, he would easily get a Championship/League 1 team. He was playing well at Charlton near the end of last season

He will always have a famous place in Villa history, that goal vs Sheffield United put belief back into the team and started the promotion push

Love the reactions after the goal . Tammy Abraham absolutely loving it! 

He could get a league two club if he really wanted to. Hope his agent isn't being silly here and telling him to wait for a "big club". He needs games or he is in danger of falling out of football.

The last two years he was here he was abysmal. If he wasn't injured, every second he was on the pitch he was terrified. Real shame he couldn't use confidence from that Sheff Utd goal.

Came on in the playoff final, and quite a few other key games towards the end of the season. Did nothing in any.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Felt we owed to him to trigger the extension and get him another loan, with covid and league clubs in the state they are in.

Poor form from the club. We are not a charity, I know but you look after your own.

You never know what has happened with the club. Maybe Villa offered an extension and they declined thinking they could get much more money as a free agent. 

• 2 months later...

He has been being training with us and played for the B team against Charlton yesterday as "An Other", The Bees GPG website has pictures of him playing, and apparently he "was on fire", We could take a gamble with him as he is a free agent with no transfer fee to be paid, we seem to get the best out of under achievers and lost souls.

Who knows he might sell for £20 Million next season!!!!😉

• Like 3

Can hardly believe he's still without a club, lot of Charlton fans were wanting him to sign for them in the summer so he must have done something right whilst there. Hope he gets a deal with Brentford.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Can hardly believe he's still without a club, lot of Charlton fans were wanting him to sign for them in the summer so he must have done something right whilst there. Hope he gets a deal with Brentford.

I always thought he could make it at League 2 level and maybe even League 1, so surprised he hasn't got a contract.

He is a similar level to Keinan Davis, Delfouneso, etc. Not Championship quality but still a player who could make it further down the pyramid.

Wish him well.

3 hours ago, useless said:

a lot of lower division clubs had to tighten the purses in the summer, think a lot reduced the squads so a lot of free agents still about

Â