André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I think Green probably would have been hoping for a championship team or at least a team expected to make a big challenge for promotion from league one. Signing him on a free almost seems a no-brainer to me, no transfer fee, presumably wouldn't want a great deal in wages, and the potential is there to make a decent profit if he can live up to some of his early potential.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No crowds would have massively helped him. Somewhere in 2018 he lost all his confidence and was paralyzed with fear on the ball.

Good luck to the lad.

The injury in the Norwich game really set him back. Scored a really good goal in that game but then hamstring went and out for pretty much the whole season.

Came back and wasn't the same although chipped in with the odd important goal like in 3-3 v Sheffield.

Think he did himself out of any sort of chance at prem level by how he played in second leg of play off, completely froze that night v WBA so think DS concluded he wouldn't be much use in high pressure prem games. Did still trust him to come on in play off final and see out the job.

1 minute ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Played for our B team yesterday against Qpha looks like we are still considering giving him a deal.Reading through this thread there seems to be a player there to get back on track.

Honestly, he's got talent and he's got a good physique. He just needs game time, good coaching and to build up his confidence.

• Like 3

Might be wrong here but for all our talent in the academy there isn't an out and out winger about to break through so he's not taking up someone's place there, we have 4 wide men at the club 1 of them being grealish and the other 3 being weak links most games 

Assume that we are either rethinking our top wide man target after we didn't get raschica or at the very least we don't think we can do anything in Jan and will have to wait until the summer 

6 month deal £10k a week wouldn't be the worst thing we ever did 

20 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Played for our B team yesterday against Qpha looks like we are still considering giving him a deal.Reading through this thread there seems to be a player there to get back on track.

Ace, we can buy him off you for £10m in a year or two.

• Like 1

Surprised looking on a Brentford forum to see them questioning his attitude, have never seen or heard anything to indicate that he's un mauvais caractère, if anything he comes across as the opposite of the typical image of modern day footballer...

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I didn't realise he is still without a club. Unrealistic wage demands?

Yes, he probably does want to be paid whilst no clubs have any income. 

Certainly feels like something is missing here. He didn’t look premier league quality but looked ok. I’d have expected someone to pick him up by now.

Why doesn’t anybody want him?

Is he asking for too much money? Does he have a bad attitude? Does he have an injury issue?

Something is not right.

I said the same in the Doyle-Hayes thread, clubs have not got much money and down the leagues are downsizing the squads. Now the season is ongoing teams know more what they can afford or what they will try to achieve

On 18/12/2020 at 12:05, Brentfordnylons said:

I have always liked him, but understand his shortfalls too

I thought he was going to turn in to a Che Adams, he's not a winger IMV......I sincerely hope he makes it with your lot.....if anything, your club could be the one to do it with him.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 12:08, HanoiVillan said:

Honestly, he's got talent and he's got a good physique. He just needs game time, good coaching and to build up his confidence.

I thought he was the perfect specimen to be a top player.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 12:05, Brentfordnylons said:

I can't think of a better place for him to go than Brentford, honestly. You'd bring out the best in him, I have no doubt. I also maintain that there's a lot of good to be brought out.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Â