Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Bertrand hasn't been exceptional, but obviously better than what we have. Luna/Bennett is the crappiest left-back duo in the league, so LB needs a fix for sure. It's hard to determine how bad Bertrand has been, given he has to play with a pretty bad defensive unit.

He wants to go back to Chelsea, I say let him go

Agreed.  Its a gutter, but nowhere near the levels of when Walker left.

Thats right.  Walker was brilliant when with us... He's been ok nothing more.

Edited by PaulC

Three fullbacks struggle on the left, got to wonder if it is a- tactics, or b- a lack of cover from Gabby. I remember the Southampton game in December, they raped Luna, he had zero help at all. Three struggling in that position seems odd.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 2

Three fullbacks struggle on the left, got to wonder if it is a- tactics, or b- a lack of cover from Gabby. I remember the Southampton game in December, they raped Luna, he had zero help at all. Three struggling in that position seems odd.

On Wednesday, Weimann was help covering Lowton on the right but on the left Bertrand literally had no cover. Delph get drifting inside meaning that he was left on his own.

He's ok.

I echo the thoughts that he's not a standout player and never will be, he's a mid table premier league footballer.

I like him for that and I'd take him for £4-5m because you know what you're buying. Wouldn't be an inspiring signing though by any stretch.

According to Kendrick he's "expressed a desire to play for a higher club than Villa next season".

Good luck with that you rocket polisher.

Whats with the abuse? On his day he is a very good player and too good for us. He did okay for us but he wouldn't look too out of place as either first team/squad/rotation at clubs like Spurs/Liverpool/Southampton/Everton.

I think we will see him go to one of them clubs and if he can get that you can hardly blame him.

According to Kendrick he's "expressed a desire to play for a higher club than Villa next season".

Good luck with that you rocket polisher.

What's wrong with that? He's come in and we've basically lost most of the games, staff have been suspended, we came very close to relegation. Why on earth would he want to stay?

To be honest, he had a really good game against Lpool, then when he started to play consistently you saw the poorer parts of his game. His positioning was very suspect, he struggled to get back after making runs forward, and his all around defending was average. I'll get pelted for this, but from what I saw, he was no real improvement on Bennett and if Bennett would've stayed fit I would've played him over Bertrand at the end of the season. There does seem to be a reason Mourinho chose to play a RB over Bertand at Chelsea.

Edited by LockStockVilla

Â