Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

I wouldn't play him again . He's not ours, he never will be . Play Bennett FFS or Luna

It's a fair point, assuming that we do not have an option to sign him, what is the point in playing him when we'd benefit from giving our actual players ago ahead of next season?

I don't think Bennett's one good game deserves to see him starting ahead of Bertrand. Given how tight the league positions are and how much prize money could be riding on a point or two, we probably need to go with our strongest team right to the last game.

I think Bertrand is decent, probably no more than that, but we seem to have brought him down to our level the last couple of games.

He's still a decent player even if his level has dipped slightly.

What I like is he seems to like up well with Delph in that left hand corner as we saw with the Stoke and WBA goals. Yes his defending isn't great but he hasn't been a complete liability like Luna and Bennett regularly are.

For me he has to be signed. He's going to be in the 5m or so transfer bracket so a realistic one plus he's young and can improve further. I'm struggling to think of many LBs we could get for that price that are better especially if Lambert is signing them. Maybe Neil Taylor who dosen't start at Swansea anymore could be a good plan B?

seems like he is coming down to our level ,nicely

It won't take long we will get him as bad as us.

slowly, getting him down to our level.

......hasn't taken us long to get him down to our level.

Don't you ever get bored?

Stevo, I was disappointed for a minute there when I saw you'd only posted an edit.

But then you came through with a good one.

Edited by AVTuco

seems like he is coming down to our level ,nicely

It won't take long we will get him as bad as us.

slowly, getting him down to our level.

......hasn't taken us long to get him down to our level.

Don't you ever get bored?

According to that, TRO posted two separate comments at exactly the same time on 12 Feb.

Something's fishy here...  :suspect:

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree with that, he's certainly better than what we've got and can improve further with better players around him.

I actually think it's good he lost form for a few weeks as should reduce the amount of other clubs in for him.

Â