Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

He lacks the ability defensively to ever be a top fullback, also his delivery when going forward isn't that good. 

I think he's a midtable quality fullback.

True. But still a step up for us. Sadly.

A step up?  Not on the evidence of last season.

Part of the problem with our recent fullbacks has been managerial choice and there's no doubt about that but something else to consider is that in the modern game the footballing philosophy of the fullback has changed. He must be three players in one. Good defensively, pace to go forward and then having the ability to put a good cross in.

Fullbacks who are able to do all three well cost wages and money we simply haven't had available. I wonder what type of wages Ashley Cole would be looking for? I'm sure way out of our current league and there's the problem.

he was OK but considering what we have seen at right back in last 10 years he is an improvement and maybe makes him look better. Hell Jlloyd Samuel looks good compared to some of our recent full backs

he was OK but considering what we have seen at right back in last 10 years he is an improvement and maybe makes him look better. Hell Jlloyd Samuel looks good compared to some of our recent full backs

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Jlloyd, he had some great games for us just a shame there were so many crap ones as well

JLloyd Samuel doesn't look good compared to anyone - worse than Bennett even. Absolute garbage.

not true though, Samuel got an England call up his form was that good when England had some decent left backs in Cole and Bridge. Bennett would struggle to get a call-up for Vanuatu if he was eligible

JLloyd played one of the best games I have ever seen a left back have when we beat Bolton 2-0 in the carling Cup semi.

Delaney was a very good player, shame he suffered so badly from injuries.

I thought Warnock was excellent for the first 18 months here.

Edited by poitier

Â