Grant Holt

samjp26

I should stop mocking avlife with the journalism thing, its just hard to resist at how nasty some of the posts are. Holt is a guy who got to the prem by working his way through all 4 leagues, maximizing his natural ability through hard work and savvy.

Yes, for Villa he's been poor and probably isn't good enough anymore, but the overweight and other childish criticisms are ignorant and ridiculous. He's reached the top league in his profession, it's more than most of us on here will accomplish, and he's also most likely not overweight, he just seems naturally big. Thought this should be said.

Its funny because you ignored my hashtag regarding your occupation ;) #somethingtohide #ashamed  

The relevance of this has escaped me.

Some people here are embarrassing, Holt may or may not turn out to be an effective signing but absolutely no need for the abuse.

I'm sure in common with every single player, manager, referee and linesman, he's heard far, far worse every day of his professional career.

Some people here are embarrassing, Holt may or may not turn out to be an effective signing but absolutely no need for the abuse.

I'm sure in common with every single player, manager, referee and linesman, he's heard far, far worse every day of his professional career.

You have a point but does that make it justified?

Abuse?  People have been making jokes about his weight.  Like he gives a stuff.

Abuse?  People have been making jokes about his weight.  Like he gives a stuff.

I'm more bothered about me having to read such tripe, a joke gets old when its repeated over and over and over etc.... boring.

I'm not sure if anyone is aware but a lot of people think Holt is fat. Just throwing it out there.

It's more alarming that there's one person who thinks he's good enough for the Premier League.  It's even more alarming that that one person is our manager.

I'm not sure if anyone is aware but a lot of people think Holt is fat. Just throwing it out there.

It's more alarming that there's one person who thinks he's good enough for the Premier League.  It's even more alarming that that one person is our manager.

He thinks he is good enough as a stop gap for our injured striker. Do you understand that?

• Like 1

But isn't that the point.

He's not even good enough to be that.

Why not use the forward signings he's already made in Bowery or Helenius or is Lambert admitting that with having to bring in an unfit Championship striker that Bowery and Helenius are currently worse than Holt which is a terrible indictment of his signings.

• Like 1

He thinks he is good enough as a stop gap for our injured striker. Do you understand that?

Er, no.  He isn't.

I should stop mocking avlife with the journalism thing, its just hard to resist at how nasty some of the posts are. Holt is a guy who got to the prem by working his way through all 4 leagues, maximizing his natural ability through hard work and savvy.

Yes, for Villa he's been poor and probably isn't good enough anymore, but the overweight and other childish criticisms are ignorant and ridiculous. He's reached the top league in his profession, it's more than most of us on here will accomplish, and he's also most likely not overweight, he just seems naturally big. Thought this should be said.

Its funny because you ignored my hashtag regarding your occupation ;) #somethingtohide #ashamed  

Haha it has also eluded me for last few days, still don't know Rovers13's occupation lol. 

Â