Grant Holt

samjp26

3 sub appearances and 1 start. Hasn't light up the imagination by any stretch but is in the squad for a specific reason and does it effectively.

What does he exactly 'effectively' do??

He does a pretty effective impersonation of Bowery - 0 shots on goal.

He does a pretty effective impression of an ageing Championship striker.

Although I don't think Holt is good enough for this level, to criticize his performances so far is unfair. He has hardly been on the pitch in terms of minutes.

I think 156 minutes of game time is long enough to be criticised. he has been useless

156 minutes if that is what it is not long. It's one and a half games. Not long enough to judge.

It is, he is just not up to it. Holt is finished as a player which is why a championship team no longer wanted to play him

• Like 1

I should stop mocking avlife with the journalism thing, its just hard to resist at how nasty some of the posts are. Holt is a guy who got to the prem by working his way through all 4 leagues, maximizing his natural ability through hard work and savvy.

Yes, for Villa he's been poor and probably isn't good enough anymore, but the overweight and other childish criticisms are ignorant and ridiculous. He's reached the top league in his profession, it's more than most of us on here will accomplish, and he's also most likely not overweight, he just seems naturally big. Thought this should be said.

Its funny because you ignored my hashtag regarding your occupation ;) #somethingtohide #ashamed  

Â