Grant Holt

samjp26

Personally I think it's condescending to think that those of us who think the Holt signing was a waste of time and money are not very knowledgeable on football?

Plus personally I think this signing summed up Lamberts desperation and smacked of him clutching at straws when his only targets in January were players he knew from his previous club.

I think he is in over his head and our inconsistency shows this. We IMO don't play well occasionally because of what Lambert does, we play well occasionally in spite of what he says.  

Well I'd agree with you because that isn't what I said - I said playing in a team and getting the benefits of having older heads around.

Also think you're talking complete nonsense if you think Lambert would only want to bring in Holt in the window, and wouldn't have wanted a higher quality player than Hoolahan. Sissoko ring any bells from the last window?? he brings in what he can with what he is given, that is pretty obvious.

Why on earth do you think any manager could come to this club inheriting the total mess that it was and start producing consistent total football within 1 3/4 yrs? it's ridiculous to think or expect that.

Anyway that's for a different thread.

Edited by villan_007

Lambert is our manager and Vlaar our captain.  It's a pretty sad state of affairs if we have to pay some random lummox to come in and gee the troops up.

Yep you only need one experienced player in a squad.

That isn't what I said, whatsoever.  If you're now questioning the amount of younger players in the squad, then that's a direct criticism of Lambert's overall transfer policy.  If Lambert needs to bring in somebody as clearly rubbish as Holt is to provide some "experience" then maybe he should have bought some older, decent players in the first place.  And that doesn't mean paying ridiculous wages to people who are well past it.

I think you'll find it totally does, or you missed the MON era all together.

Well that is an extremely daft opinion in my view.

Especially when whatever the current form or fitness of the player his previous goal scoring record under the same manager would suggest he isn't/wasn't a bad player.

I'm sorry but from what I can see, the over the top criticism and silly statements like this are more about peoples views on Lambert and their eagerness to find another thing to have a go at it him over.

• Like 1

Especially when whatever the current form or fitness of the player his previous goal scoring record under the same manager would suggest he isn't/wasn't a bad player.

I'm sorry but from what I can see, the over the top criticism and silly statements like this are more about peoples views on Lambert and their eagerness to find another thing to have a go at it him over.

Well, that's running dangerously close to "post on poster" in my opinion, but there you are.  My opinion, based on what I've seen, and from speaking to lots of my Wigan supporting mates, is that Holt is bad player, who wasn't wanted at Wigan due to how unfit and rubbish he was.  Nothing he's done for Villa is his series of embarrassing cameos has changed that view.  Nothing to do with wanting to have a go at Lambert at all, there's no need to invent reasons to do that.

I disagree completely. If Lambert hadn't gone for the lazy option of a quick fix with his mate, who is not fit enough or good enough to perform at this level we may have seen some improvements in certain games. Instead we allowed an Everton team, there for the taking, to have an easy ride. We lost all attacking impotence against Liverpool and luckily against west brom we got a pen as holt was getting ready because we weren't going to take the lead with him on the pitch. His 10 minute spell in the last game created the best chance Norwich had after the goal they scored and every time he's on the pitch we are a much worse team.

• Like 1

Well, that's running dangerously close to "post on poster" in my opinion, but there you are.  My opinion, based on what I've seen, and from speaking to lots of my Wigan supporting mates, is that Holt is bad player, who wasn't wanted at Wigan due to how unfit and rubbish he was.  Nothing he's done for Villa is his series of embarrassing cameos has changed that view.  Nothing to do with wanting to have a go at Lambert at all, there's no need to invent reasons to do that.

Well I remember alot of Genk and Belgian fans saying Benteke wouldn't make it. Those same Wigan fans who hold N'Zogbia as one of their greatest ever players.

• Like 1

It is nothing of the sort, I called your opinion daft not you there is a significant difference.

As for the opinions of your Wigan supporting mates, that doesn't really change anything for me I stand by what I've said previously. I am though surprised anyone could have lots of Wigan supporting mates. :)

I disagree completely. If Lambert hadn't gone for the lazy option of a quick fix with his mate, who is not fit enough or good enough to perform at this level we may have seen some improvements in certain games. Instead we allowed an Everton team, there for the taking, to have an easy ride. We lost all attacking impotence against Liverpool and luckily against west brom we got a pen as holt was getting ready because we weren't going to take the lead with him on the pitch. His 10 minute spell in the last game created the best chance Norwich had after the goal they scored and every time he's on the pitch we are a much worse team.

Is this fact or an opinion? Also with Holt on the pitch we took the lead against Everton, I know you have a dislike for Holt, but some of the reasoning you come up with is absolute tripe.

It's bizarre how much attention Holt gets. His loan has cost us next to nothing (in the grand scheme of things) and he barely plays.

It is not the cost that is the problem, it is that he contributes nothing and we would have been better off bringing on a different sub.

Like one of our young guys who would love the opportunity.

It's bizarre how much attention Holt gets. His loan has cost us next to nothing (in the grand scheme of things) and he barely plays.

It is not the cost that is the problem, it is that he contributes nothing and we would have been better off bringing on a different sub.

I don't think bringing on a youngster is a good idea, with the crowd being so hostile right now.

I don't think bringing on a youngster is a good idea, with the crowd being so hostile right now.

Sunday would have been perfect, comfortable lead and containing the opposition.

If he does not take the opportunity in a game like that to blood them, when will he do it.

Bringing on Holt smacks of favouritism!

Sunday would have been perfect, comfortable lead and containing the opposition.

If he does not take the opportunity in a game like that to blood them, when will he do it.

Bringing on Holt smacks of favouritism!

And if said player gives away the ball and it leads to a goal, imagine how much crap the fans would give. We are not in the position to relax, let alone blood young players.

Â